i have a HUGE heart... for babies and animals, no one else

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 10:30 pm

I have a lot of compassion for animals and babies but not anyone else! i dont even like children, i like making them cry (with exceptions to some of my younger cousins) i used to be good with kids but i find lately i like making them cry, and as for my peers, i hate teenagers, and i dont care for adults. opinions?

sackcoat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2013, 10:38 pm

Parents of children tend to look down on people who enjoy making their children cry. I know that I would be furious if someone attempted to make my son cry for some sick sense of pleasure.

That's a behavior you should really seek some help for... it's definitely not going to get you anywhere.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 11:05 pm

I relate to the OP. I feel tender towards animals and some babies (quiet cute ones only). Older children put me off. I feel embarrassed for/annoyed with those parents who think their children are "adorable" or something when they are just noisy/annoying brats.

kirostun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2013, 12:12 am

Babies yes, but not humans.

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2013, 1:56 am

It's an autistic trait to not care so much about others.

Maybe you care more about babies and animals, because looking at cute things sets off your protective instinct?

akar4
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Feb 2013, 2:44 am

Yes, that's normal to not be empathetic to others, as I am not to you, but I agree that you should seek help for wanting to make children cry. It may be an issue of trying to gain power over those who have no defense. Weak. I would beat you down if I saw you do that to a child. Verbally, physically, whatever it took to make you cry. Exert power over your own behaviors or stay away from children.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2013, 4:26 am

You should definitely stay away from children until your behaviour to them is no longer abusive.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 4:43 am

Make my son cry, mama bear comes out.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 4:55 am

I agree with the above posters: seek help, please.

I don't like dealing with immature people period, regardless of age (unless everyone's being silly on purpose). I would still feel horrible if I hurt them in any way.

Which reminds me! I'm usually apathetic towards the plights of large groups of people I am in no way affiliated with (and even some I am affiliated with; for some reason, I don't really feel anything when I think about the injustices done to LGBTQ individuals). However, when I was eating lunch with my dad earlier, I felt this overwhelming sadness at the thought of people dying. Not people I'm close to or people I care about... just people dying in general. I even felt sad at the thought of terrorists dying. I'm... not quite sure why. I've never really felt this way before.

It's... odd.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 6:02 am

JellyCat wrote:

No it is not. Read the f*****g DSM/ICD diagnostic criterias for Autism before making generic statements like that. You and your behaviour are not the center of the universe. I *do* give a s**t about others, its just that society is cold and i stop caring more and more.

To the OP: I dont like children either because i have a sensitive hearing and i'm never getting any. Even if i wasnt hearing sensitive, making them cry is definitly off the table. If you continue to have thoughts like these when you are past 18, then you are not an Aspie or autistic, you are a sociopath or a psychopath. Your amygdala may be defective - seek help.

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2013, 10:24 am

Ichinin wrote:
JellyCat wrote:

No it is not. Read the f***ing DSM/ICD diagnostic criterias for Autism before making generic statements like that. You and your behaviour are not the center of the universe. I *do* give a sh** about others, its just that society is cold and i stop caring more and more.

To the OP: I dont like children either because i have a sensitive hearing and i'm never getting any. Even if i wasnt hearing sensitive, making them cry is definitly off the table. If you continue to have thoughts like these when you are past 18, then you are not an Aspie or autistic, you are a sociopath or a psychopath. Your amygdala may be defective - seek help.

Okay wow. Did I say that all people with autism are like that? No.
I do not think that I am the center of the universe.
It's not in the nature of many autistic people to feel compassion/sympathy/empathy towards others.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 11:31 am

I love babies, children and animals I don't feel that anybody should be making them cry. I feel that you should get help with that issue because I sincerely feel that no child or animal should be abused by anyone for any reason.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 11:38 am

JellyCat wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
JellyCat wrote:

No it is not. Read the f***ing DSM/ICD diagnostic criterias for Autism before making generic statements like that. You and your behaviour are not the center of the universe. I *do* give a sh** about others, its just that society is cold and i stop caring more and more.

It's not in the nature of many autistic people to feel compassion/sympathy/empathy towards others.

I'm autistic and I care a great deal about others and I like think about the feelings of others, so I don't hurt them. I care a great deal about others and their feelings, because I've been hurt many times by many people, including my parents in many ways and I don't wish that or do that upon anybody. I'm a highly sensitive person who cares a great deal about the feelings of all living things.

I always ask myself in my mind how I'd feel if someone did something to me. I don't hurt people or animals because I wouldn't want them to do the same to me. I apologize if my response seems blunt.

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2013, 12:02 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
JellyCat wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
JellyCat wrote:

I'm autistic and I care a great deal about others and I like think about the feelings of others, so I don't hurt them. I care a great deal about others and their feelings, because I've been hurt many times by many people, including my parents in many ways and I don't wish that or do that upon anybody. I'm a highly sensitive person who cares a great deal about the feelings of all living things.

I always ask myself in my mind how I'd feel if someone did something to me. I don't hurt people or animals because I wouldn't want them to do the same to me. I apologize if my response seems blunt.

I never said that ALL autistic people don't care much about others.
Only some.

I never even thought that all autistic people don't care.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 12:09 pm

Why do i enjoy making kids cry? :(

arky
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2013, 12:59 pm

Not showing empathy and being downright mean are two completely different things. While I have read that it is fairly common for people on the spectrum to not be particularly empathetic, I don't know of anyone who would say that the desire to be mean to kids is a trait of AS. I agree with all of the above posts; you need to seek out SERIOUS help. That is a trait of sociopathy! If you were to deliberately hurt or do something mean to my son, I'm sorry, but I'd have to physically assault you, and I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Seriously, get help. This is not a good thing, for you or for any children you may encounter.