Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2013, 1:42 pm

So even though I've been diagnosed, I did the online AQ test thing and I got 44 on one and 42 on a different one has anyone else done this and share your score please.

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm

its pretty new to me im still coming to terms with it, I even had to delete my facebook when I found out , it explained a lot though , I know my mum has it and fairly sure my dad did aswell. to be honest its all I can think about lately.

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2013, 2:08 pm

thanks and thanks for the comment you should put a pic on yours I wont name you but.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 8:41 pm

turtleoverhare wrote:
thanks and thanks for the comment you should put a pic on yours I wont name you but.
Not sure if you are talking to me or not. I know that I pm'd you so I think you might be addressing me but I am not sure. Let me know if it is me that you meant. :)

Last edited by skibum on 02 Aug 2013, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 8:51 pm

turtleoverhare wrote:
its pretty new to me im still coming to terms with it, I even had to delete my facebook when I found out , it explained a lot though , I know my mum has it and fairly sure my dad did aswell. to be honest its all I can think about lately.
It does take time to come to terms with it. But that is fine. I think everyone takes a bit of time. I was told a year and half ago. I was never officially diagnosed but it was obvious enough so I did not need to be. But I never look at it as a bad thing. It's just part of who I am and who I have always been. Finding out does not make me a different person, it just helps actually because now I understand myself better. And people who care about me do too. But it does take a bit of time to process so don't feel bad about that. But now that you know it will help you make even better decisions on how to live your life well. So it is a blessing really. And Autism or Asperger's is not a curse. Things may be more difficult in some areas for us but we just have to adjust to that and do the best we can. Everyone has challenges, even NT's and everyone's difficulties are as difficult to them as mine are to me or yours are to you. So you can do this. Don't think of your Autism as a curse, just as something that you have to work with and that you can use to help others. It is part of what makes you special. If they could "fix" me now, I don't think I would want that because just because I am on the Spectrum, I am not broken. I love the beautiful parts of me that are because of the Autism. My childlike traits, my ability to see beautiful colors and stuff like that.

You will find parts that you love about it too. But never think of it as a bad thing because it really is not. And people are abusive or violent because they are abusive or violent not because they are on the Spectrum. Just because you came from an abusive background you are not doomed to be an abuser yourself. But you will see, when you start to embrace who you are, Spectrum and all, you will see that there are a lot of wonderful reasons to be on the Spectrum. And I love that word Spectrum because when I think of it I see a gorgeous array of colors like a rainbow and that is truly what we are.