Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 11:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WDWX196PLY

Check it out funny, I think I might put it on my facebook would make my life a bit easier.

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2013, 6:00 am

hahaha, story of my life right there.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 6:02 am

Nice.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 11:55 am

Exactly what has he done to be "Our King"? Putting Aspie videos on YouTube, while commendable....isn't quite enough of a resume to start dusting off the Iron Throne.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 3:17 pm

All I can say is he's remarkably 'together' for an aspie

There's no sign of neurological slowness at all so I'm not surprised people think he's normal

he seems pretty adept vocally as well

he's at the near-NT end of the spectrum and certainly doesn't represent my form of Aspergers

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

01 May 2013, 3:48 pm

I've seen people who as children present as anywhere from severe nonverbal to mild AS (at least as they report it) appear about as NT as that guy as adults. Also, many more who do not.

I recall trying to put up a mask of "NTness" at various times, and how much energy and pretense it required, as well as the fact that I couldn't maintain it for very long or in most contexts.

Aside from that video, however, I don't know what he's like. I don't know if he's always like that or if that's a front for that video (or videos in general). I don't know what his employment history is like, or his education. He does seem mild in that video, but what is he like the rest of the time?

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 5:55 pm

While appointment as King might be too much, It's good to see individuals out there flying the "Aspie Flag*".

* I use it as a figure of speech, not as a literal flag.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 8:09 pm

nessa238 wrote:

There's no sign of neurological slowness at all so I'm not surprised people think he's normal

he's at the near-NT end of the spectrum and certainly doesn't represent my form of Aspergers
If you spend any time playing with camera's it's very easy to get to his level of fluidness. You basically get all the feed back you lack naturally, via the machine.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 2:04 am

Stoek wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

If you spend any time playing with camera's it's very easy to get to his level of fluidness. You basically get all the feed back you lack naturally, via the machine.

I couldn't and don't see why I should even have to

I find it disturbing that people are even attempting to become something they're not

What's so wrong about being yourself?

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 3:19 am

nessa238 wrote:
Stoek wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

I find it disturbing that people are even attempting to become something they're not

What's so wrong about trying to be better?

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 6:01 am

Greb wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Stoek wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

Agreed there's a huge difference in trying to be better understood, and trying to be an nt.

It's very frustrating that some people in the AS community, tend to discredit anyone that makes progress, I've fought tooth and nail for what I got, and it's not because I'm magically more nt.

One of the worst and best experiences of my life was working at call centers. I learned how to talk, yet it was horridly stressful and I would of never of done it if I had realized I had aspergers.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 6:06 am

If you are going to make a film it should be as fluid and crisp as possible.

That way it's enjoyable, much better than some stiff awkward piece that no one wants to watch all the way through.

There is a lot of sharp editing here which makes the film more pointed.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 6:20 am

Stoek wrote:
Greb wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Stoek wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

Agreed there's a huge difference in trying to be better understood, and trying to be an nt.

It's very frustrating that some people in the AS community, tend to discredit anyone that makes progress, I've fought tooth and nail for what I got, and it's not because I'm magically more nt.

One of the worst and best experiences of my life was working at call centers. I learned how to talk, yet it was horridly stressful and I would of never of done it if I had realized I had aspergers.

Indeed, when somebody who has not a natural and instinctive fluidity gets it, in my opinion it says much more about this person: it doesn't only say that he can communicate in a fluid way. It says that he has courage and persistence to achieve it. And more merit, of course.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 10:15 pm

I think I only noticed one other AS-related video on his page. Are there other ones out there that I'm overlooking?

If not, I think he did a good job, I was just hoping to watch some of his other works.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 10:43 pm

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 7:14 am

Greb wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Stoek wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

It depends on whose definition of 'better' you are using

Mine is defined by me