Teenage boys making weird noises when they pass you?

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 10:31 am

Does anyone else here have teenage boys make weird noises when they walk by? It happens to me a lot, but I try to shut my paranoid thoughts up because I think they do it to a lot of people, not just me. Sometimes they make the most weirdest noises I ever heard, like today one make such a high squeaky noise for a teenage male.

I really don't know why boys do this. They don't do it when they're on their own, but when they're with their mates they do it. I never hear teenage girls make funny noises when they walk by me, but instead they glare or giggle.

Anyone else experience boys making stupid weird noises as you pass them?

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 10:48 am

What kind of noises, Joe?

You know, girls tend to glare at other girl who they think are pretty or have something very pretty about them whereas boys would react to the same girl with noisy displays of silly boasting and ostentation to get your attention (of which you usually shouldn't grace them with any). Could that be what happens to you?

I've had schoolboys make noises of disgust and ridicule about my "strange" behaviour when I walked by as well as young men that made annoying and silly sounds of whistling and "hey pretty" to prove to their friends that they're brave enough to talk to a women.

Girls and women either giggle when another girl walks by because they think they're prettier, smarter and just better in every way than the girl (that's rare though). Or they giggle and pretend that they're better than the girl who walk by because they feel as if the girl is in truth more beautiful and smarter than them and they so totally lack self-confidence about their looks and brains that they giggle simply to get attention from their friends. You know, they think that if they noisily point out something silly about someone else, no one will notice how terrible they think they look.

Then of course, there was the occasional drunk group of not-yet-young-men during the night who went past, screamed "boo" which caused my friends and me to erupt in laughter after a brief pause of exchanging looks of disbelief. (That's the same people who throw up in plain sight half an hour later, hehe.)

Last edited by Sora on 17 Mar 2012, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 11:31 am

Joe90 wrote:
Does anyone else here have teenage boys make weird noises when they walk by? It happens to me a lot, but I try to shut my paranoid thoughts up because I think they do it to a lot of people, not just me. Sometimes they make the most weirdest noises I ever heard, like today one make such a high squeaky noise for a teenage male.

I really don't know why boys do this. They don't do it when they're on their own, but when they're with their mates they do it. I never hear teenage girls make funny noises when they walk by me, but instead they glare or giggle.

Anyone else experience boys making stupid weird noises as you pass them?

You mean a wolf wistle?

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2012, 11:32 am

i think some teenagers are just like that. its some sort of wierd group mentality that only appeals to them. they probably think they are being funny.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 11:38 am

This.

edit: have to go to youtube since won't display here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Z7rODC ... r_embedded

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

Most probably showing off or just want to be noticed

youngxmagexofxmyths
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

I think they're making fun of you.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

TechnoDog wrote:
You mean a wolf wistle?

If so it's a bit of playing to the gallery - it's a very crude way of saying that they find you attractive. Ignore them and move on.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 12:44 pm

Joe90 wrote:
. . . They don't do it when they're on their own, but when they're with their mates they do it. I never hear teenage girls make funny noises when they walk by me, but instead they glare or giggle. . .

They're egging each other on. It's misplaced macho bravado.

And like someone said above, ignore it. Keep looking straight forward regularly and confidently. Keep walking at the same pace.

With the teenage girls, that's more of a question mark. Maybe you are dressing a way that's 'unstylish' (and with narrow fashions that isn't hard to do!). Perhaps ask a friend or family member or life coach if they can give you some honest feedback regarding how you dress.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 1:44 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
. . . They don't do it when they're on their own, but when they're with their mates they do it. I never hear teenage girls make funny noises when they walk by me, but instead they glare or giggle. . .

They're egging each other on. It's misplaced macho bravado.

And like someone said above, ignore it. Keep looking straight forward regularly and confidently. Keep walking at the same pace.

With the teenage girls, that's more of a question mark. Maybe you are dressing a way that's 'unstylish' (and with narrow fashions that isn't hard to do!). Perhaps ask a friend or family member or life coach if they can give you some honest feedback regarding how you dress.

Oh, I've been through all this about 100 times on different ''I'm-self-conscious'' threads. People seem to assume that just because I'm Aspie it means I dress differently and act weirdly. Because I can't be bothered to go through it all again, here's a quote from another thread to which explains how much I wear clothes and act in a way that doesn't make me stand out....

Quote:
But otherwise, I walk down the road looking all grown-up, standing up straight (not hunched over), hair kept washed and brushed (I'm getting a style soon), face kept clean, smelling of nice perfume (not too strong), dressed presentably and stylish, clothes kept clean, a stylish handbag over my shoulder.....just like the common 21-year-old really, and in that age range. And the other day I was standing outside a shop, and I caught my reflection in the shop window, and had to look twice because I thought I was just another girl standing there. I was like, ''is that me? I actually look cool standing here, even for me'' so I must generally look reasonable.

And, and edited - I've had plenty of close relatives and true friends that give me honest feedback about how I look, and they always say I look presentable and nice.

But I'm not starting another ''why are people looking at me?'' thread. This thread is just about teenage boys and the weird noises they make. And yes, they have occasionally made the odd wolf whistle, but usually they makes animal noises, or squeaky noises, or just plain weird noises what I've never heard other people do before. They sometimes even sing loudly, then stop immediately after they passed me, as though they're always trying to catch my attention. It's really stupid and annoying. And if you catch their eye, they always react even more, so most people advise me (and themselves) not to look at silly teenagers.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
But otherwise, I walk down the road looking all grown-up, standing up straight (not hunched over), hair kept washed and brushed (I'm getting a style soon), face kept clean, smelling of nice perfume (not too strong), dressed presentably and stylish, clothes kept clean, a stylish handbag over my shoulder.....just like the common 21-year-old really, and in that age range. And the other day I was standing outside a shop, and I caught my reflection in the shop window, and had to look twice because I thought I was just another girl standing there. I was like, ''is that me? I actually look cool standing here, even for me'' so I must generally look reasonable.

This thread is just about teenage boys and the weird noises they make. And yes, they have occasionally made the odd wolf whistle, but usually they makes animal noises, or squeaky noises, or just plain weird noises what I've never heard other people do before. They sometimes even sing loudly, then stop immediately after they passed me, as though they're always trying to catch my attention. It's really stupid and annoying. And if you catch their eye, they always react even more, so most people advise me (and themselves) not to look at silly teenagers.

You do know all that stuff will just draw more attention to you. Do you look straight forward or at the floor? That's what it is all designed to do.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 2:33 pm

TechnoDog wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

This thread is just about teenage boys and the weird noises they make. And yes, they have occasionally made the odd wolf whistle, but usually they makes animal noises, or squeaky noises, or just plain weird noises what I've never heard other people do before. They sometimes even sing loudly, then stop immediately after they passed me, as though they're always trying to catch my attention. It's really stupid and annoying. And if you catch their eye, they always react even more, so most people advise me (and themselves) not to look at silly teenagers.

You do know all that stuff will just draw more attention to you. Do you look straight forward or at the floor? That's what it is all designed to do.

^^^ This is what I was just about to say.

Perhaps this is just how nice looking, well presented 21 year old women are treated.

I walk down the road looking like me: sometimes I'm all hunched over, sometimes I'm standing up straight, sometimes I'm walking normally, sometimes I'm skipping, sometimes I'm walking with some kind of bizarre rhythm. I'm not at all good at keeping my hair washed and neat (even though it's very very very short) so it often looks unkempt. I wear jeans, a t-shirt and hoody. People rarely notice me.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 7:30 pm

People are silly.
People are even sillier in groups. Especially teenagers.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 10:21 pm

Teenage boys should mostly be kept in cages. Maybe their parents could occasionally take them out in public on leashes.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 10:22 pm

Sibyl wrote:
Teenage boys should mostly be kept in cages. Maybe their parents could occasionally take them out in public on leashes.

I take it you're being facetious?

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 10:32 pm

You guys really need to change your attitude towards extroverts. Doing the same thing back, does not make you a better person.

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?