Do you have difficulty producing mental images?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Poke
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 4:48 am

In other words, is your ability to visualize compromised in some way? If so, would you mind completing the following questionnaire?

http://icantvisualize.wordpress.com/201 ... tionnaire/

Yes, I know that no one has done it yet. It was just published last night.

Come on, people--I know you like to talk about your visualization ability! Thanks in advance for your participation. Your diagnosis of autism/NVLD/etc. will come up in one item.

Poke
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 8:01 am

And, yes, I mean for you to actually complete the questionnaire.

You can do so in this thread if you'd rather keep your writing on this site:

1. How old are you?

2. What is your sex?

3. What is your occupation (or, if you are a student, area of study)?

4. How old were you when you realized you had a visualization disability? Estimate if necessary.

5. How did that realization come about?

6. How would you describe your visualization ability (or lack thereof)?

7. What impact do you feel your visualization disability had/has on your life?

8. Do you have any hobbies or special interests?

9. Have you ever received an official diagnosis of any neurological, psychological, or behavioral condition?

10. Do you have a mind’s nose, ear, tongue, etc.? In other words, can you produce mental “images” of an auditory or olfactory nature?

11. Rank your visualization ability on a scale of 1-10 where “1” represents a complete inability to visualize and “10” represents outstanding visualization ability (for some frame of reference, when a 10 “visualizes”, their mind immediately fills with high definition, three dimensional, full motion images which can be examined and manipulated with ease).

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 8:18 am

am unable to imagine imagery,but am completely reliant on image based thinking.
have got very strong image based thinking,when its of things have seen before,had been told by a autism expert that mine is caused by the imagination impairment of AD/classic autism.

am willing to do the questionaire but dont understand a lot of the language used. :?

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 1:52 pm

I am very good at producing mental images. I don't build imaginary worlds in my head when I daydream, I am more just thinking about real things, but it is very image based. If someone describes something, I can imagine it, even if I never saw it before. It is three dimensional, it can move, and I can rotate it. I can imagine sounds, but not taste or smell.

Poke
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm

KingdomofRats, feel free to skip any items you wish. Alternately, you can ask for clarification on whatever you don't understand and I will do my best to put it in different words.