Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Charges
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2013, 11:22 pm

Where do you go to school, and what do you study?

Texas A&M / Computer Science here. :rabbit:

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 6:20 am

er ,at home;as am living in a residential centre we have a inhouse tutor. 8)
we might also go out to places accessible to us as part of the course,the course is adapted to each of us completely, am not able to write at all bar a signature via hand over hand method so staff do the writing,we have a lot of sensory modules and horse riding and animal care was one of mine.
had wrongly been put on a higher level course once due to the assessment lady having only ever seen people with profound multiple learning disability and having a very skewed yard stick of what learning disability is for comparison,despite having two to one support and three to one support often, had failed it because was unable to do a lot of the course nor write-which was a must have skill to complete it, other teachers had tried to get a transfer to the lowest ASDAN course but it had filled up by then and was stuck on a course as a complete failiure,it totaly made a mess of confidence.

am studying ASDANs 'towards independance' course part time-
http://www.asdan.org.uk/Award_Programme ... dependence
woud love to do this in college but no where is willing to accomodate,and at twenty nine am to old [ridiculous!] to go back to one of the highly accomodateable special colleges, in the uk the government believes by the time we get to twenty five if we are still low functioning we can be stuck in a day centre to save them money,and for those who have progressed they can move onto the mainstream world.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 10:54 pm

My alma mater is a university in western Canada. I was an art major (BFa Art). The visual 2D variety.