Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 4:10 pm

I have this time of the day where I get my Walkman player and pace in the entry-hall. I can't stop doing it, but I enjoy it. Anyways, my music is always switched as high as it will turn to and I was wondering if that is really bad for my ears... I need an alternative so that I don't blast my ears out.

Any ideas???

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 4:45 pm

http://www.entnet.org/healthinfo/hearing/tinnitus.cfm

can't think of any alternatives but that's info on exposure to loud noise.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 4:46 pm

I already have tinitus lol

mingusman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2007, 7:55 pm

Dear whomever is reading,

This is one symptom that can safely called "lifelong" with me. As an evolving lifelong Aspie no longer the same 13 year old as he is now 36. Barely one day of my life has passed in which I have not felt the need to put on something that moves me (be it Charles Mingus' "Black Saint & The Sinner Lady", Funkadelic's "Maggot Brain" (with Eddie Hazel's genius fuzztone waltz Guitar solo), or Flatt & Scruggs' "He Took Your Place" (I am a Christian, though eccentric & Dylan's "Gotta Serve Somebody" with the sexy female background singers always makes me want to serve the right savior) and walk somewhere (whether in the park across from my apartment or the lawn on my parents' or sisters' farm. This mainstay has been the one constant of my life. Aside from despair when such fine music is not available. Any thoughts from those similarly inclined?

mingusman
Wausau, WI