I tend to just do stuff out of the blue

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 2:20 pm

When I was 2, I sprayed my sister in the face with cleaner. No one saw that coming, apparently.

When I was 4 at a gifted kids' daycare, I took a pencil and stabbed a girl in the face. Apparently, no one saw that coming.

When I was 5, I took my parents' car out at night and crashed it into my next door neighbor's house. Taking the car out (though not crashing it) had been on my mind for a while, but apparently no one noticed.

When I was 10 or so, recess had been cancelled at school, which irritated me. I took my pencil and randomly stabbed a (male) classmate in the arm. Apparently, no one saw that coming.

When I was 12, I used a plastic cup full of pennies, with 2 metal skewers in them, the skewers put in the part of the plug that detached from the back of my stereo system still plugged into the wall, creating sparks and causing the power to go out. I had been contemplating that for a while, but apparently no one noticed.

When I was 14, I started to believe that I was Sephiroth, a thought that was put in my head by a meteor I saw, and that I had to train to prepare for the coming Y2K. I contemplated my training for about a month, and after eating some cereal and shooting some hoops behind my house, I started acting on my delusions, which brought me under control of the authorities and a 6 month hospitalization. Apparently, no one noticed I was psychotic (and no one even figured that out until more than a decade after the event) and no one noticed I was about to do all that stuff.

Now, at 29, I am contemplating, if I get suicidal about not being able to get sex reassignment surgery, quitting my job, abandoning my aparement, heading west to California, planting my feet in that state, get on Medicaid there, and get the surgery through that. Apparently, no one notices this and it looks like they may not until the plan is already underway.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 4:26 pm

Got an idea for how you can earn the dough for this operation.

Start you're own reality TV show with you as the star.

Start out small - on YouTube maybe.

You may not be as good looking as the Khardashian sisters, but you're certainly a more unusual personality than they are.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 6:47 pm

Not being a very spontaneous person, I'm not sure how that'd work.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:51 pm

Ya, it's weird, I can be, and was as a child, really impulsive in the ways you described in your OP and yet I have a pathological need for routines and sameness. I'm terrible at being spontaneous and trying new things in certain areas.As a child I had to be watched carefully because I had a tendency to abruptly wander away from classrooms, playgrounds ect. .Also, when I was agitated I did occasionally become violent. One time I scratched a child , breaking his skin and making him bleed, when he took the book I wanted to read. It was a book that I thought of as "my book" for silent reading time in second grade. As an adult I had a tendency to drop out of school programs and quit jobs impulsively as soon as a problem arose or I began to find them really stressful. I dropped a lot of individual courses in high school and university as well. I did go back and get both my high school and undergrad university degrees eventually, though.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 8:05 pm

daydreamer84 wrote:
Ya, it's weird, I can be, and was as a child, really impulsive in the ways you described in your OP and yet I have a pathological need for routines and sameness. I'm terrible at being spontaneous and trying new things in certain areas.As a child I had to be watched carefully because I had a tendency to abruptly wander away from classrooms, playgrounds ect. .Also, when I was agitated I did occasionally become violent. One time I scratched a child , breaking his skin and making him bleed, when he took the book I wanted to read. It was a book that I thought of as "my book" for silent reading time in second grade. As an adult I had a tendency to drop out of school programs and quit jobs impulsively as soon as a problem arose or I began to find them really stressful. I dropped a lot of individual courses in high school and university as well. I did go back and get both my high school and undergrad university degrees eventually, though.

Ja. I could do the same sorts of things. I remember when I was 6, I became obsessed with all the road closed signs near where we were living--in restrospect, there were a lot in that area at the time. I wanted to know what the world beyond the road closed signs looked like, so I abruptly left our apartments and went down the street to where I knew one road closed sign was, and I went beyond it, travelling on a dirt road that led up a hill. At the top of the hill on the left, there was a house, and I don't remember what happened here but they took me in for a while and gave me bubble gum and there was another kid there--who I may have played with, or not? Eventually, the police came and got me, taking me back to my apartment, and gave me this badge thing.

I remember at age 7 or so, going door to door handing out single pages of the newspaper to people; I came across one door where nobody answered, but I was able to open. I heard the home alarm and ran away terrified. The police then interviewed me about what had happened: I told the police officer that I saw a burglar who then ran away to New York City.

At 9 or so, I bit my teacher's arm. In an incident happening at a similar time, during a tantrum, I ran out of the school to the busy street out front and the teacher had to come get me.

Around this time as well, my mum, sister, and grandmother had gone out to wash the car; I was wavering on whether I wanted to come. Finally, when they had gone and I had said no, I changed my mind again and went running after them. They picked me up on a busy street on their way back.

So yes, I had lots of moments, too. :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 8:36 pm

beneficii wrote:
Now, at 29, I am contemplating, if I get suicidal about not being able to get sex reassignment surgery, quitting my job, abandoning my aparement, heading west to California, planting my feet in that state, get on Medicaid there, and get the surgery through that. Apparently, no one notices this and it looks like they may not until the plan is already underway.

At least if you do that it's much more constructive than getting all stabby again. :lol:

LastSanityJermaine
Raven
Raven

13 Nov 2013, 5:21 am

did you do anything crazy between 14-29? Or did you grow out of it or meds?