Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 10:03 am

This is a short test designed for patients with suspected Alzheimer's disease, though it can be used in people to test executive function-related social behavior.

Consists of 22 items, and gives four scores:
-Total score: correct answers.
-Break score: "Yes" on socially unacceptable behavior.
-Overadhere score: "No" on socially acceptable behavior.
-Yes/No ratio score.

Link: Social norms calculator

P.S.: You'll get 88 (invalid) if you miss an item.

Salkin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Dec 2013, 10:36 am

23. Calculated SNQ22 Total Score 19
24. Calculated Break Score 1
25. Calculated Overadhere Score 2
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 0.69

I have some difficulty interpreting the score (I wasn't even sure which way around to answer the questions, though your guide to the scores sorted that out), but I take it that I have a pretty good idea of basic social norms. (Though I still fail to adhere to some of them!)

I'd expect these to be a bit culture-specific. As I recall spitting in public is perfectly acceptable in some places, for example.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 10:38 am

Calculated SNQ22 Total Score 88
24. Calculated Break Score 88
25. Calculated Overadhere Score 88
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 88.88

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 10:45 am

17-0-5-0.29 but there are no instructions on what to do or how to read the results, so these numbers are pointless to me.

Edit: SPOILER ALERT

WTF the answer to #3? I totally don't think this is proper!

Random42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2013, 11:19 am

Sqn22: 15
Break: 1
Over adhere: 6
Yes/no: .29

Not sure what these results mean?

AQ: 39
Aspie-quiz AS:154 NT:50
RAADS-R: 194
EQ:15 SQ:114

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 11:30 am

Sqn22: 17
Break: 3
Over adhere: 2
Yes/no: 1

Not really sure what it means though.

OddFiction wrote:

WTF the answer to #3? I totally don't think this is proper!

I think it is proper (wouldn't the alternative be letting your snot run down your face?), but I'm not sure what the test says it is.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 11:34 am

23. Calculated SNQ22 Total Score 20
24. Calculated Break Score 0
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 0.57

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Last edited by Skilpadde on 09 Dec 2013, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 11:58 am

Salkin wrote:

I have some difficulty interpreting the score (I wasn't even sure which way around to answer the questions, though your guide to the scores sorted that out), but I take it that I have a pretty good idea of basic social norms. (Though I still fail to adhere to some of them!)

I'd expect these to be a bit culture-specific. As I recall spitting in public is perfectly acceptable in some places, for example.

This was my score as well. I wish they would also give the "correct" answers.

I have occasional trouble with ear wax. I am embarrassed to admit that I was never told it would be rude to clean my ears in public and I never thought about it. It's something I have to do every once in a while and I only realized that it should be a private activity when I read someone complaining about gross people on the train and realized they were talking about me. I was so shocked and ashamed--it seems so obvious now that I understand, but I was totally clueless about this! For decades!

They should tell people what the norms are, in case there is one you don't follow just because you were not aware.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 12:07 pm

-Break is maximum 22. 22 means you got everything right, 100% correct
-break score is the number of false positives (ie, how many answers you said 'yes it is socially acceptable', but the real answer is 'no, it is not socially acceptable')
-overadhere score is number of false negatives (ie, how many answers you said 'no, it's not socially acceptable, but the real answer is 'yes, it is socially acceptable')
-max yes/no ratio is apparently 0.83

I got 100%. This is why I don't think I have autism or aspergers even though it's come to my attention that female aspies are better socially than males often are.

Poor motivation

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 12:16 pm

Adamantium wrote:
Salkin wrote:

This was my score as well. I wish they would also give the "correct" answers.

I have occasional trouble with ear wax. I am embarrassed to admit that I was never told it would be rude to clean my ears in public and I never thought about it. It's something I have to do every once in a while and I only realized that it should be a private activity when I read someone complaining about gross people on the train and realized they were talking about me. I was so shocked and ashamed--it seems so obvious now that I understand, but I was totally clueless about this! For decades!

They should tell people what the norms are, in case there is one you don't follow just because you were not aware.

I got this score:

24. Calculated Break Score 2
25. Calculated Overadhere Score 1
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 1

I do not know what this means and which ones were wrong.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 12:18 pm

cavernio wrote:
-Break is maximum 22. 22 means you got everything right, 100% correct
-break score is the number of false positives (ie, how many answers you said 'yes it is socially acceptable', but the real answer is 'no, it is not socially acceptable')
-overadhere score is number of false negatives (ie, how many answers you said 'no, it's not socially acceptable, but the real answer is 'yes, it is socially acceptable')
-max yes/no ratio is apparently 0.83

I got 100%. This is why I don't think I have autism or aspergers even though it's come to my attention that female aspies are better socially than males often are.

What are the correct answers please, i got some wrong and its bothering me! I shall ferret over which ones all evening!

I am not sure I have Aspergers either, I was pondering this again today but it has to do with my concentration and ability to move from one task to another as to why I doubt it this time. Not a subject for this thread I don't think.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 12:25 pm

23. Calculated SNQ22 Total Score 21
25. Calculated Overadhere Score 1
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score

I am always extra careful, so this score makes sense.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm

25. Calculated Overadhere Score 3
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 0.47

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 12:57 pm

Lemme see if I can post the correct answers here in a spoiler tag...highlight the text to read it. I put my own notes beside some questions, it's all just my opinions, nothing more, nothing official in any sense of the word

Spoiler wrote:
No 1. Tell a stranger you dont like their hairstyle?
No 2. Spit on the floor?
Yes 3. Blow your nose in public? *I don't, however, think it's correct to blow my nose as loudly as I want to, or shove the Kleenex up there like I sometimes want to either.
No 4. Ask a coworker their age?
Yes 5. Cry during a movie at the theater? *socially ok, but you might be teased for it anyways, specially if you're a man. Oh, and it's only ok to cry during the right moments of course.
No 6. Cut in line if you are in a hurry? *had to think about this one, I know there are some nt people who will do this anyways
Yes 7. Laugh when you yourself trip and fall?
No 8. Eat pasta with your fingers? *definitely a cultural thing, if you don't have utensils...
Yes 9. Tell a coworker your age?
Yes 10. Tell someone your opinion of a movie they havent seen?
No 11. Laugh when someone else trips and falls?
No 12. Wear the same shirt every day?
Yes 13. Keep money you find on the sidewalk? *assumed this was something under 100$ CAD, assumed I didn't see the person drop it too
No 14. Pick your nose in public? *inside your own car waiting in traffic I'd consider private even though it's not really
No 15. Tell a Coworker you think they are overweight?
Yes 16. Eat ribs with your fingers?
Yes 17. Tell a stranger you like their hairstyle?
Yes 18. Wear the same shirt twice in two weeks?
No 19. Tell someone the ending of a movie they havent seen?
No 20. Hug a stranger without asking first? *Totally another cultural question. If you answered yes because you're thinking about European/french greetings where you hug and give a peck/kiss on the cheek, you're not wrong....but you're not right for thinking about that specific situation either :-p
No 21. Talk out loud during a movie at the theater? *some people do, drives me nuts! Just like my campus library when was in university, I complained about people talking there once, and the response I got was 'we're allowed to socialize in a library'. Changing times or just a rude generation, dunno.
Yes 22. Tell a coworker you think they have lost weight?

Note that this is just one person or group of people deciding what's socially acceptable. I had to think about a few things myself, and wondered if I would get them right or not before scoring them. You might be right for whatever situations you're thinking of, and of course culture plays a large role in what's acceptable socially. Some may not even be pertinent questions for your culture.

Poor motivation

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 1:11 pm

23. Calculated SNQ22 Total Score 22
25. Calculated Overadhere Score 0
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 0.83

What does this score mean? Also I hate black an white answers because I saw at least two questions that made me think it depends on the situation. If someone wants to know the ending of the movie, tell them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

NotaHero
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2013, 1:19 pm

League_Girl wrote:
23. Calculated SNQ22 Total Score 22
25. Calculated Overadhere Score 0
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 0.83

What does this score mean? Also I hate black an white answers because I saw at least two questions that made me think it depends on the situation. If someone wants to know the ending of the movie, tell them.

It means you got full marks. I did the same and also thought the way they presented it was confussing and it took me a couple of minutes to realise I got them alright.
I also think there are some grey areas in some of the questions.
*Potential Spoilers for those who haven't done the quiz yet*

I can't help laughing when I see someone fall
And it's quite risky to say people have lost weight as they can still get upset if they haven't
Oh and people who talk loudly in the cinema should be shot!