Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 8:58 pm

Is this a common thing in autism or just me? Where when a thought comes into your head and you can't stop thinking or talking about it and nothing else. It sometimes gets people around me on their nerves. And it's so freaking hard to drop the subject. I'm like this on alot of things and wonder if it's an autistic trait or not.

sharkattack2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2017, 9:14 pm

No it's not just you it very common on the spectrum.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 9:17 pm

Oh thank god.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 9:20 pm

It's called "perseveration".

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 9:24 pm

Well persevration is one of my biggest autistic traits that I have. And I have always had that problem. And can drive people crazy with it.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 9:25 pm

And why is it still my old avatar? I just changed it to something else. Sorry that it's off topic from what I started but still. Why?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 9:30 pm

I get that to...sometimes it helps to tell your brain 'hey just stop....let me think' you gotta learn how to talk to your brain. Do you have a headache? maybe you need caffeine and not to think about everything. I mean my idea is if you have aspergers you gotta find a way to control that brain of yours....it will do all kinds of weird things if you don't. Sometimes you gotta force yourself to think of something else...is there any music that distracts you? You gotta get a break sometimes otherwise your brain will always be on overdrive and you don't want that.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 9:34 pm

Well for me it's the keep talking about it that drives people crazy. But what I'm thinking I wanna talk about it. I just say what I think alot of the time.

sharkattack2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2017, 9:44 pm

Corny wrote:
Well for me it's the keep talking about it that drives people crazy. But what I'm thinking I wanna talk about it. I just say what I think alot of the time.

Your 17 I am 43 next week and I did not go into detail with my answer because it does not help.

I have lost count of the amount of times people have told me I can not let things go.

By the way I was never counting. :D

Yes it's normal.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 9:49 pm

sharkattack2 wrote:
Corny wrote:

Your 17 I am 43 next week and I did not go into detail with my answer because it does not help.

I have lost count of the amount of times people have told me I can not let things go.

Yes it's normal.

Yeah I lost count on my as well.

sharkattack2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2017, 9:59 pm

Corny wrote:
sharkattack2 wrote:
Corny wrote:

Yes it's normal.

Yeah I lost count on my as well.

Here is an idea that has worked for me.

Accept yourself for what you are and do your best to get as much happiness out of life as you can.

You really can't change your thinking pattern trust me I have tried.