Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 3:26 pm

I have been able to fall asleep easily, but always at 4:30 in the morning, I've been awoken for no reason at all.

I wake up and then I just can't go back to sleep. I wake up and my Tourettes acts up and I can't go back to sleep. I basically lie in bed blinking and grunting like crazy every few seconds.

I've been sleep deprived over the last few days. What should I do?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 4:08 pm

Are you taking medicine for your Tourette's? If so, I would inform your doctor about what's going on.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 7:52 pm

Well, the medicine that was supposed to help me makes me more bipolar, so no, not really. My doctor says I should be fine without meds, so...

AngryDesiDoughboy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Apr 2014, 8:48 pm

I am having bizarre sleep problems too, have had them for a long time. It's been a while since I could reliably fall into a deep enough sleep. my dreams have come out strange, disjointed, erratic and highly obsessive. I don't know what your problems entail, but some things that could help are to establish a bedtime routine, fixed and to the point, with the goal of becoming relaxed. Also, do you listen to music or do other things than sleep while lying on the bed? It doesn't always work for everyone, but taking the time to turn off the radio or the computers or phones could help. IDK, you should probably continue to talk to your doctor about this, but this could be a start. Or maybe not.