Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Winner
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2014, 4:09 am

Can anyone relate to that?

I wanted to be Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber.

I watched that movie as a kid about 1000 times.

When the teacher asked us all in 11th grade what we wanted to be, everyone else said police officer, architect, truck driver... but me, I wanted to be a limo driver. How they laughed.

But I meant it.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2014, 4:21 am

Many of us wish for simpler lives such as that. I for one know I'd be perfectly happy if I could just meet someone willing to give me a living wage for sitting in a Benz all day. Furthermore, big column shift American V8 barges like Town Cars & Caddys are actually really fun to drive. Loads of twist going through the transmission that gets stuck down at the back wheels with surprising accuracy, my friend has a V8 Mercury he bought really cheap, I thought I'd hate the thing but when I gave it a once-over for him I found it very endearing and pretty darn powerful for $400.

Too bad I'm a programmer I suppose... :cyclops:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

alwaysnow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2014, 7:05 am

Well at least I must have watched that movie 100 times as a kid, Jim Carrey-movies were definitely obsessions of mine back then.

Don't remember really wanting to be any character, but I do remember being very influenced by specific scenes in the movie (and other absurd comedies like the Naked Gun movies) which may not have been the best social education for a young aspie. :lol: I developed a good sense of humour though.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2014, 10:41 am

thats such a good movie. i might like to be limo driver because you get to work by yourself mostly. just as long as i didn't have to do chitchat. Lloyd was too sociable for me to want to be hm