Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 4:41 pm

I have no more job (quit/couldn't handle anxiety) and I don't think I'm going to school. My dad never took me to the acting call I wanted to attend. My book got rejected again despite a full request. I will probably never be famous like I want and have no other goals. The guy I wanted to date never responded to my email. My doctor is leaving me. I got into a fist fight with my shrink yesterday and I hit him and then my dad hit me right there and I wanted to run away and I can't get along with my grandma and uncles and can't talk to them and I had deaths in the family and my mom is having medical problems. I just can't take this and all I can do is meltdown and shutdown and watch TV all day and people won't even let me; it's so frustrating!! !! ! :mad::cryingcat::eek:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 5:53 pm

If you don't mind me asking, what caused you to have a fishfight with your therapist?

I think you have potential. I wish there was a way for you to control your impulses better, so you'd have a better chance to succeed. You're still very young. Life isn't over yet.

There is a girl who is a daughter of my father's wife's (not my mother) sister. She was 18 when she had a hideous nervous breakdown. She got treatment. She went to the college of her choice, instead of the college her parents picked for her. She graduated with honors. Now, she works in media successfully. She doesn't even remember the times when she had the breakdown.

All hope is not lost--especially because you have a fine mind. You're also a fantastic language maven (which I'm not--I only know English fluently).

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 6:27 pm

The world always falls apart all at once it seems but it will be okay. You just need to rest. I'm sorry you are having a hard time and that your book got rejected. But keep writing and write about all of these frustrations. You will make it. I want to hear more about this fist fight as well. But you'll be okay. It seems like it's all unraveling right now but just get some rest and we'll sort through everything one step at a time. If it's any encouragement to you Harry Potter got rejected many many times by many publishers until Skolastic decided to take a huge chance on it and only publish 50 to see how it would sell. Well we know what happened there. 5 years ago one of the original 50 copies sold for $18,000.00.
Big Hugs.

Wreck It Ralph

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2014, 6:46 pm

I'm sorry your book got rejected.

Can I ask you why being famous is so important to you? Isn't just doing what you like enough?

If the guy did not respond to your mail he is not worth you. You seem like a very nice and intelligent girl so you shouldn't let that get to you. Move on and find another guy or just ask if he's not interested (easy for me to say).

You don't start a fistfight out of nothing. Did he say something mean to you? It's horrible that your dad hit you in front of the therapist. No parent should hit their kids EVER! Sorry you had that happen to you. Rough!

Do what feels right. If you need to meltdown and just sleep, watch TV all day, just let it go and do it. You need the rest. There is nothing wrong with taking a break from life.

I wish you all the strength in the world!

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 8:57 pm

According to your profile you are only 18 so you might be pushing yourself too hard at this point in life. Not that many can be famous. There are many aspiring actresses who never land a major role, and many aspiring writers who never get a book published. You need to just relax for now and take your time.

leniorose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2014, 8:59 pm

I wouldn't consider you a loser in the slightest. You have managed a lot towards your goals- You finished the book, which is more than many people can say.
A secret about publishing books:
Most gets sent to a "slush pile". To get it considered immediately, you need an agent to represent the book and it's best to send it to multiple publishers. You need to be able to convince the people in the publisher's office that the book is good, even if you don't think it is.

If traditional publishers don't work, you can self-publish over the internet.

The issues with the therapist, Doctor and boyfriend can't truly be helped, aside from giving yourself a chance to recover and doing what you can to find new ones.

I don't think I can help you with your Dad, but you should probably ask him why he didn't take you. If that kind of problem persists, buses and taxi's are an option.