Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AlexWelshman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2014, 6:28 pm

This is a project about Stimming that I was involved with. It's basically a sketch about an an autistic guy (played by me) that is found Stimming. Please let me know what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-65Wzr ... YFU5UQ3Nbg

kicker
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2014, 6:51 pm

I thought over all it was brilliant and I really loved the 1950's propaganda feel, it made me laugh. The message about stigmatizing someone was a little muddied, by the stigmatizing of therapists though. Not all therapist think stimming is a behavior that needs to be stopped/controlled. Mine certainly doesn't try to stop or control mine. He thinks its a healthy way to help me feel at ease. Otherwise I think it's great. :D

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 9:00 pm

That video was amazing!

Aside from the style of the video which kept me entertained, being able to watch you stim in fashion that is not artificially altered is very insightful. Most videos of autistic stimming are either children or NTs playing the part whom only rock back and forth, and many are misinterpretations of what autistic stimming is - for example, a person swinging in their chair two or three times.

You are the first that has reminded me of my autistic friend's stimming in real life. It is spontaneous and not limited by one specific, stereotypical stim.

I look forward to any future videos you may make/be part of. 8)

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 9:18 pm

Is stimming a conjunction or abbreviation of 'self' and 'stimulatory?'

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 11:35 pm

'tis a verb coined from "to stim"

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2014, 1:03 am

So dang awesome! Great job, It was short simple and to the point. It also was funny and clever. I enjoyed it very much.