How do you feel about doing paperwork?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 4:26 am

I have my next evaluation appointment on Monday, and I am supposed to be bringing with me a filled-out packet of information about me. The problem is, the generic form they use is for some reason written only for parents giving information about their child ("Does your child...?"). Just to make sure I called and asked, the secretary said that's the form they give to everyone.

I was trying to fill it out and eventually got really frustrated about not knowing whether I should put information about myself as a child or myself now. I haven't touched it since then. Now I know that they want me to put the current information and not information about myself as a child, and I am kind of annoyed they didn't tell me that to begin with because now I have to go back and cross a lot of things out because I wrote it in pen.

Anyway, I was thinking about it, and with paperwork in general I realize I tend to get really hung up on not being able to fill in a certain box, especially if it's because there is an answer to the question, but I just don't know it. I also don't like answering differently than what the question is (like how I have to just pretend it doesn't say "Does your child..." and instead think of it as "Do you..."). That's why I haven't really looked at it since, but I can't procrastinate it any longer because it needs to be done before Monday.

- Sherlock Holmes

Isakmagdalene
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Dec 2014, 5:20 am

I have a very difficult time filling out forms of all kinds. They are very frustrating for me because I want to be completely accurate in my answers and end up marking the forms up in an attempt to clarify my answers. I procrastinate too and tend not to follow up with more forms to clarify or amend any decisions that are made by those reviewing the initial form submitted (if that makes any sense). Dealing with paperwork creates tremendous anxiety for me. I sympathize with you on this -- it is no fun. Best of luck to you -- hope all goes well.

untilwereturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2014, 3:01 pm

I hate paperwork of all kinds, and can fully relate about the questions. Oftentimes, the provided answers (like checkboxes) don't adequately explain my response. And I also agonize over whether they're asking about past or present. Medical questions like: "Do you get headaches?" Well, yes I do. But do they mean EVER or frequently? I find the process exasperating because I want to be precise but often don't feel like I'm being sufficiently so.

Fortunately, my wife doesn't mind paperwork at all so whenever possible I give it to her.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 3:07 pm

I absolutely hate paperwork.

I'm supposed to do it at work but I let other people do it (they seem to enjoy it anyway).

And at home, my hatred for paperwork has recently landed me in trouble financially.

It is my aim in the new year to just tackle it head on as it comes to me.