Page 1 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Aspie4u
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jan 2009, 1:41 pm

I've been to many churches in my life time, but I never felt that I really fitted in. I had a hard time making friends. I haven't been going regularly for years. Do you a problem socializing with people at church?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 1:46 pm

Yes, I go. I have a problem socializing.

I don't! :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 1:55 pm

Used to go to church, but it's difficult when I wake up around noon :x

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

02 Jan 2009, 2:13 pm

I've only went a few times.

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 2:20 pm

When I was a child I went to Sunday School with a friend. Have since tried going to church a few times, but never could get used to it. Too many people, I don't know them, and I don't want to turn and say hello or shake their hands when the pastor says it's time to do it.

But here lately I've been questioning the existence of God altogether, so I'm not sure if I'll ever go to church again. Only time will tell. The state of the world currently makes me want to believe and to find comfort there, but I just have a hard time with it all.

So no, I don't go to church.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 2:31 pm

Yep every christmas eve haha, use to go every sunday even my mother is an elder at our church, started interfaith which is a program that housing homeless families at our church, is important part of the choir, and is very good friends with our pastor. Ugh church was an interesting time for me, the battles my mother had to fight to keep me from loosing my mind is just insane, I dont usually socialize at all though, during greeting time i looove shaking hands, but thats about it lol. I think mostly everybody knows me, i mean i switch lights off and on throughout the church, almost wreslted the pastor, the only hugs i give is like right hooks lol i put my arm around your neck and squeeze u lol, usually too loud, cause too much chaos but anyways, my mother stopped forcing me to go every sunday got too stressful for her and me. Every christmas eve though i go, but i prepare myself and do somewhat okay, still flipping light switches, rubbing everybodys jackets lol especially fur jackets they feel nice lol, rock while im sittin there alittle, rub my phone, give everybody my famous age pull hugs lol, but was overall great hehe.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 2:59 pm

I get dragged to church every Sunday by my crazy parents. The pastor is totally out of his mind, and I think the whole thing is a colossal waste of time anyway.

Coco
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2009, 3:03 pm

I'm currently the member of a church where people except me for who I am and treat me like I don't have Asperger's Syndrome however, I haven't been going lately and now realize that the people there miss me. I haven't been going lately because i'm either busy or feel sick.

Nephesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2009, 3:04 pm

I attend synagogue, but it is easier for me since I have a special interest in this area. So the only thing that I find annoying about socializing is when people get off topic and start talking about mundane, secular matters (which according to the rabbis you shouldn't be doing in synagogue anyway) instead of talking about religious matters.

:D

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 3:05 pm

I only go to churches that have interesting architecture and/or artwork inside.

they're just museums with free entrance to me though.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 3:07 pm

no

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 3:16 pm

I don't go into churches if I can help it, they make me strangely uncomfortable. No it's not the socializing, I can do that, just something about the structure itself.
For the record, I am not the antichrist. As far as I know.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 3:23 pm

No, that's me. You're safe.

Aspie4u

02 Jan 2009, 3:30 pm

I remember being made fun of when I was a teen As a adult, the people have clicks and are married with children. I shy too.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 4:08 pm

I don't usually go unless it's Christmas Eve, Easter, or for a family thing such as a wedding, funeral, or christening. Even then, I prefer churches with interesting architecture and stained glass windows that actually depict something.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 4:56 pm

I occasionally attend services at local churches. Sometimes, I even drop a twenty into the collection plate.

Religion itself is a big turn-off to me, but sometimes I meet a person who can advance or enhance my lifestyle.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.