I want to live in different parts of the world.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 2:58 am

I feel like I'm seen as a foreigner no matter where I go. I might as well be a real foreigner. I'm particularly interested in Nordic countries. I'm just sick of people seeing me as being different. If I'm a foreigner I can pretend we just have "cultural differences".

I've tried that here by trying to adopt other subcultures, but it hasn't really worked out. I tried being goth, but I like colors too much. Goth clothing is also super expensive. Right now I'm kind of playing the hipster role. It's way easier than trying to be a goth.

Every time I get odd interests I can just pretend I'm being ironic. I also know how to get rid of odd interests now. The only obsessions I really have left are Pure-O obsessions.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 3:05 am

I want to live in the wilderness and talk to trees.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 8:00 am

Raleigh wrote:

I also want to live in the wilderness, but I dont want to talk to trees, just watch them swaying hypnotically. love it. that, and animals.

I feel like a foreigner too. tried living abord, and it doesnt work, because people didnt think it was cultural differences at all. they knew right away I was different. didnt work for me, which doesnt neceassrily means it won't work for anyone. but you cant hide your being different behind so called cultural differences. nts are good at catching up to this kind of thing. I was picked on and mistreated and misunderstood abord just as i was at home, so i came back, and my problems travelled back with me, just as they'd travelled abord with me. people seemed like aliens back home, and abord as well, so what's the point?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 10:47 am

I want to travel the world myself.

I also like watching trees sway hypnotically.

When I went to high school in the 1970s, "Goths" didn't exist yet--though people dressed Goth. The ones who dressed Goth were known as "punks" (as in punk rock music, not the other meaning of "punk").

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 7:56 pm

felinesaresuperior wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

I also want to live in the wilderness, but I dont want to talk to trees, just watch them swaying hypnotically. love it. that, and animals.

I feel like a foreigner too. tried living abord, and it doesnt work, because people didnt think it was cultural differences at all. they knew right away I was different. didnt work for me, which doesnt neceassrily means it won't work for anyone. but you cant hide your being different behind so called cultural differences. nts are good at catching up to this kind of thing. I was picked on and mistreated and misunderstood abord just as i was at home, so i came back, and my problems travelled back with me, just as they'd travelled abord with me. people seemed like aliens back home, and abord as well, so what's the point?

How could they tell your weirdness is not cultural differences? I'm not exactly an Aspie, so I think I could pass off some of my quirks as cultural differences.