Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

asickler
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Mar 2015, 4:50 pm

Does anyone feel guilty about almost everything. all my problems, i assume, stem from my actions. i hate myself for not being happy. i blame myself for having no friends, for being depressed, for being an addict. i feel so hopeless and alone. but i guess thats what it means to be autistic. life is torture. i cant wait to be dead. i wish i was happy. ill never be satisfied, or thats how it seems. i dont know how to help myself. i want to die so bad, at least i wont feel so sad all the time.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 5:55 pm

I'm afraid I can't relate. I've felt guilty 2 times in my life only

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 6:30 pm

Hope you find a way to feel better. :(

I feel guilty for no valid reason a lot. It's weirdly related to perfectionism for me. I'm always measuring myself against some impossible standard. The important thing is to remember that the guilty voice in these instances is wrong.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 7:38 pm

i don't think one could ever, truly be 100% alone...do you live with your parents or other family? if you do have them, that's better than 'a dry hacking cough" at least, i think. :) and, this thread has replies....doesn't mean nothing.

it does take a conscious effort to see the positive side of things and that's never easy. sometimes when i'm alone, my evil mind will start to eat me (since there is no one else around) and things to start to look worse and worse.

but yeah, i go get sometimes these feelings of guilt, for most of the same reasons as Major pointed out above, that could have been my post. more specifically i was at one point, devoured by guilt when i found out about a terrible thing that happened to a very close friend of mine, by another close friend of mine, who i had (probably?) introduced indirectly. i was thinking that if i didn't choose to sit there that one day, none of that would have happened. i know now what happened isn't my own fault, and the two may have met sooner or later anyway, but i still believe that my choice had some role, however small...

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Noodle1331
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Mar 2015, 8:09 pm

I can relate, I have a lot of troubles with guilt that I never really understood.
I remember many of the bad things I've done even little things like the one time I took two dollars off my sisters desk when I was around 6 and my brother got blamed, and still feel guilty for it.
Then I also feel guilty for other things that I'm not sure if it makes any sense.
Like when I see commercials of people starving or hear about mistreatment of women in other countries and things like that, I feel like I caused it or if I cant fix it, it's all my fault.
I think could have to do with my empathy problems...
I think it could also have to do with how others treat you, if your like me then you're probably used to people telling you you're worthless and try to blame everything on you, then you start to believe them and feel guilty for everything.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

16 Mar 2015, 2:20 pm

I've felt that when my depression was bad.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm

asickler wrote:
Does anyone feel guilty about almost everything. all my problems, i assume, stem from my actions. i hate myself for not being happy. i blame myself for having no friends, for being depressed, for being an addict. i feel so hopeless and alone. but i guess thats what it means to be autistic. life is torture. i cant wait to be dead. i wish i was happy. ill never be satisfied, or thats how it seems. i dont know how to help myself. i want to die so bad, at least i wont feel so sad all the time.

Sounds like pretty classic depression thinking. Irrational guilt, hopelessness, feeling helpless, all of those are typical of depression.

There is hope. Have you talked to a psychiatrist about how you're feeling?

Luzhin
Toucan
Toucan

16 Mar 2015, 4:39 pm

Guilt? Oh yeah, lived with it for years but that's because for a good part of my life I was a really mean SOB and did a lot of bad things...so for me it's probably just karma.

For you though, I would really talk to your Doc about this. I suffer from clinical depression and your story sounds very familiar. I remember being 17 and feeling like you describe. I had a very difficult time not jumping from a train bridge back then. Seriously, talk to someone.

Teen years are especially tough or at least they were for me. Things will change, many times for the better, as you get older. Life may not be great but at least it can be tolerable... it may suck sometimes, it's like that for everyone. But it also has some really interesting moments.

Don't give up. See about getting some help. Seriously.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 5:46 pm

What is it that makes you feel most guilty? Is there one issue that is heavier and harder to bear? And if so, can you share that with us? Or could you narrow it down to "the top 3 things" that trigger your guilt experiences? Is your guilt centred on things you have done? Or things you think you cannot do? (If the latter, then fear and anxiety are likely to be more of an issue for you than guilt).

I sympathise that this is such an unhappy and painful time for you. I hope we can help you on WP to find renewed meaning and hope, and that you will find WP can be very supportive.

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2015, 12:32 am

I can relate.

I wouldn't consider myself to be a good person and I dislike myself. The self perpetuating problem that stems from this mindset is that this guilt makes me depressed and I know that I have no reason to be depressed since I have been given so much.

My parents buy my gas, insurance, food, college, computer, clothes... everything. I still work my ass off in the summers... I mean I made around 14k last summer alone... but everything I have (besides my savings I suppose) was given to me by my parents. My parents are also... by no means poor. I don't actually know how much they make. Another factor is that, for instance, right now I'm working on learning the ins and outs of Arduino and Raspberry Pi. About a week ago my dad spent around $140 on a few kits so that I would have something to work with... granted... he's interested in it too... but he still didn't really hesitate in buying these expensive kits for me because he saw value in me knowing how to use microprocessors. If I asked him to buy me a $5 video game, then there would be no chance that he would buy it... a $60 Cold Steel fighting knife? He'd probably buy it.

So you see, I have no reason to be sad or depressed and yet I am and I have these brief flashes of suicidal thoughts which drive me even more crazy since there is no reason for them and yet they are relentless... I don't even know why they happen. The mere fact that they happen leads to even more guilt and sadness. It really is a great example of a self perpetuating problem.

asickler
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2015, 1:28 pm

I'm addicted to weed and I beat myself up for that a lot. Im happy to hear that I'm not alone, and hopefully as i grown up I'll grow out of this. I'll try not to be such a perfectionist, I read an autism book that says that's a common affect. I get so overwhelmed with guilt. It comes on so strong and I feel guilty about everything at once because it snowballs or spirals.

I feel like I revolve around my addiction even though I've cut down and it's not that unhealthy, I get so mad at myself when I want to, but it makes me feel better. It's a huge guilt trigger for me. I've been told to accept myself, I'll try my best.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 1:39 pm

It's not guilt so much as I just feel like I fail at everything I try to do.