Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 12:18 am

My Dr says we are getting close to being out of options. I have been on just about all the antidepressants and quite a few off-label attempts. The only person I know who's had ECT lost about 15 years worth of memories from it and still barely functions. My Dr says it's more "targeted" now, but I still like to hear from someone who's had it in the last 10 years.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 3:16 am

I have not had 'ECT', nor, do I have depression (apart from the occasional bout with situational depression). I have PTSD, Social Anxiety Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and, thought I would mention electroencephalography (EEG) therapy, in case you are unaware of this treatment. It, effectively, eliminates a range of symptoms I have experienced, and I have read a few articles, that have mentioned it's effectiveness for the treatment of depression. Much success to you...

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 8:09 am

Redxk wrote:
My Dr says we are getting close to being out of options. I have been on just about all the antidepressants and quite a few off-label attempts. The only person I know who's had ECT lost about 15 years worth of memories from it and still barely functions. My Dr says it's more "targeted" now, but I still like to hear from someone who's had it in the last 10 years.

Sorry , I haven't had it but always thought it was what I needed ( mind you I'm the type of person who thinks about trepanning when I have headache episodes ).
I know ECT is not where it was decades ago and there is still controversy about it but that might just be the media?? .

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 8:09 am

Sorry , I haven't had it but always thought it was what I needed ( mind you I'm the type of person who thinks about trepanning when I have headache episodes ).
I know ECT is not where it was decades ago and there is still controversy about it but that might just be the media?? .

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard