Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 5:56 pm

what does a total score of 77 on the autism rating scale mean? It says highly elevated.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 7:25 pm

Which scale is this?

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 5:49 pm

Ettina wrote:
Which scale is this?

The autism spectrum rating scale short form (ASRS)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 5:52 pm

Is this a formal test given by a doctor/psychologist, or is it one of those online tests.

Online tests, in my opinion, don't mean that much.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 5:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is this a formal test given by a doctor/psychologist, or is it one of those online tests.

Online tests, in my opinion, don't mean that much.

It's a formal test

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 5:55 pm

I guess it means you're autistic--which you've known all along.

Aren't you diagnosed with Level-2 autism?

By the way, how's the new school coming along?

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 6:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I guess it means you're autistic--which you've known all along.

Aren't you diagnosed with Level-2 autism?

By the way, how's the new school coming along?

Yes I'm diagnosed with autism two but this was part of a separate test by a psychologist. My doctor who diagnosed me is a psychiatrist and says I have autism level 2 but I have I have not shown him the testing yet. But he says not directly but says no matter what I have autism level 2.

Not there yet I wasn't excepted to reach for some reason and were trying to find another school. I wish I was excepted although I might go to Greenburg Academy. I'm not sure i'm still on home and hospital.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 6:10 pm

I'm sorry you weren't accepted into REACH. Did they tell you why you weren't accepted?

You sent me the link to Greenburgh once. It seems like a nice place. I hope you're able to go there, rather than remain in the "home and hospital" thing.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 6:13 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm sorry you weren't accepted into REACH. Did they tell you why you weren't accepted?

You sent me the link to Greenburgh once. It seems like a nice place. I hope you're able to go there, rather than remain in the "home and hospital" thing.

No not really. But i might get more info tomorrow.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 5:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Now I know why because they felt I need more support and their going to try to find me a new school with more support or ironically going to greenburg.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 8:02 am

jenisautistic wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Now I know why because they felt I need more support and their going to try to find me a new school with more support or ironically going to greenburg.

Well actually I might be going to the summit school in Westchester I think its a sister school to your school. When you went to the summit school were you a day or resident student?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 9:24 am

Best of luck Jen. This kind of stuff has always been a bit of a battle for me. I'm currently having to deal with back and forth stuff regarding placement as well and I know how stressful it is.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 3:39 pm

EzraS wrote:
Best of luck Jen. This kind of stuff has always been a bit of a battle for me. I'm currently having to deal with back and forth stuff regarding placement as well and I know how stressful it is.

Could you describe your special school what is it like? How many kids and teachers in a class?