Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 6:30 pm

Perhaps it's part of my anxiety (which I'm taking new 15mg 3x a day pills for it.) Not sure they are working. I'm not sure but for every positive idea (usually advice taken from fiction.) There's "you" saying negative things. If that makes since. Plus family issues OMG! you are 29 stop playing video games all the time!" Or my dad sometimes "Oh you just played video games all day today didn't you?" (when I played NONE) Or perhaps putting down my anxiety issues such as when I had to go to the DMV this past week to redo my Permit. Was nervous they might not renew it due to my vision problems (they did.)

So?

How do you deal with "negative thinking?"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 7:34 pm

Just remember all the POSITIVE things that have happened to you.

They renewed you at the DMV, for example--even though you thought there might be problems with your vision.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 8:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Just remember all the POSITIVE things that have happened to you.

They renewed you at the DMV, for example--even though you thought there might be problems with your vision.

Ya. Thanks. I also have my Bachelor in Criminal Justice from finishing 2010-2014 but no job experience is a downer. Looking off and on job wise. But 29 and "nothing to show for it." IMO is upsetting. I read the horror stories of WP and finding work and it scares me yet others are into computers and get paid a decent amount to fix them or program and it makes me wish I had gotten into computers vs. Criminal Justice a highly social field. If Mcdonald's was part time come home "depressed/tired" NO idea what a Full Time to make ends meet job will do. :-(

I hope things start going better for me. Sometime.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 8:50 pm

Congratulations on your degree.

People are graduating now--there are jobs out there for "recent college graduates." I know you received yours last year--but it's only one year; you're still a "recent" graduate.

There are many jobs which require at least some college, if not a degree. The only thing you need is experience. What you should do is seek out "entry level" positions.

Forget the "horror stories."

I saw a job just now for which you'd be qualified: a "corrections counselor."

You should look in "Indeed.com," "Glassdoor.com," "Monster," and other internet employment sites.

There truly is an advantage to having a degree, versus not having a degree. The unemployment rate for degreed people is considerably less than that of even those who have completed "some college."

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 12:26 am

zeldapsychology wrote:
How do you deal with "negative thinking?"

Distract with favorite activities.
Put up homemade signs in my bedroom that remind me to relax.
I'm also going to learn to meditate.