Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

WatcherAzazel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jul 2015, 12:03 am

As far as I can tell this is a subject that's never been researched scientifically, so I figured I'd just casually ask people about their experiences: Do you think that there's a difference in terms of how you react to certain types of stories vs how NTs react?

I'm curious because I've started to notice a pattern: If NT viewers reject a movie on the basis that the plot is "convoluted," I tend to like it. It makes me wonder if our brains are wired for greater enjoyment of plot-driven stories, exposition, and world-building.

There are two recent movies that I think are good examples, because they both have low ratings from general audiences, but I loved them both: Jupiter Ascending and Terminator: Genisys.

Anyone else with me, or am I just a generally weird person independent of my autism?

Ivory

09 Jul 2015, 10:42 am

Hmm... I'm usually not fond of block-buster movies. I've never reflected about circonvoluted plot stories, but in order for me to enjoy a movie, it has to be different than most in one way or another.

Another peculiarity: I don't understand why people feel compelled to discuss at length a movie they've just seen, or to tell the story to another person who hasn't seen the movie. I just don't get it, which is why I usually avoid going to the movies with a friend.