Assessment in a week sorting evidence

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ConceptuallyCurious
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2015, 5:28 pm

My ASD assessment is next week. I've not got an informant from my early childhood (although I did send the completed questionnaires).

I've managed to dig up my secondary school reports (which aren't all that useful - they don't highlight much different about me in any area even though I statement of special needs for which I disposed of the documentation after leaving school and was considered 'severe and complex' by CAMHS and had a 'safe room' etc at school).

I've also got lots childhood home videos and tried to cut them down but even then I reached 83 minutes of footage. I deleted a few of the shorter clips but don't know where to cut next. I want to keep it balanced because I think there are things that don't suggest autism and some that do but I want to keep the footage balanced without taking up lots of time or hiding the signs that were there because the assessors grew tired before they got to it. The problem is that I spent lots of most of the videos doing not very much at all.

Very anxious about the assessment. It's 3 hours (according to their website it's normally 4 when they have an informant). I've nearly filled out the questions for the day, even though they said I didn't have to but I tend to loose my nerve if I don't have written answers for any assessment and this has lead to me not getting the help I need before.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 5:43 pm

Good luck in your assessment.

ConceptuallyCurious
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2015, 5:12 pm

Thanks.

I'm contemplating whether to stick post-it markers on the places where my school reports may say something relevant.

I think that if I'm not diagnosed with ASD/Aspergers (I'm not sure whether they're using the DSM 5 or ICD 10) then I likely will be diagnosed with SPD (part of the interview is about SPD and they suggest places for more information about it so I assume that they diagnose it despite it being unofficial).