Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lonely autistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2015, 5:48 am

I read and study, but just don't seem to have a good memory, and I can't articulate well my opinions on anything, I always blanked when talking to women, just didn't know what to say, I'm very uncoordinated, I stunk working on things like cars and so on, , and it was \always hard for me to follow instructions from people when working on thingslike that and my parents and grandparents would get mad at me because of those struggles!! ! :( :cry: and I had trouble keeping jobs like working in a grocery store because I wasn't very competent. at the jobs even though I tried the best I could. Anyone else feel stupid like I do

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 6:03 am

Mate, as an autistic person you're in for a rough ride, but don't let that get you down.

Do what needs to be done. You'll make it eventually.

'It's better to s**t your pants, than to die of constipation.'

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 6:16 am

I feel stupid because I'm TOO good at working on cars. That's a lot of freaking license points!

Sometimes I feel stupid and upbeat in a more general sense, like when it takes decades to meet someone nerdier than I about a given subject.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 6:24 am

I like feeling stupid. Feeling smart means everything is easy, and this means you're solving the wrong problem. Also, when I feel smart, I'm probably being a smartass.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 6:38 am

We evolved into our apprehension for good reason...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 6:54 am

lonely autistic wrote:
I read and study, but just don't seem to have a good memory, and I can't articulate well my opinions on anything, I always blanked when talking to women, just didn't know what to say, I'm very uncoordinated, I stunk working on things like cars and so on, , and it was \always hard for me to follow instructions from people when working on thingslike that and my parents and grandparents would get mad at me because of those struggles!! ! :( :cry: and I had trouble keeping jobs like working in a grocery store because I wasn't very competent. at the jobs even though I tried the best I could. Anyone else feel stupid like I do

I do!
my mum and my brother and sister just scream and yell at me alll the time!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 7:23 am

Yeah...I feel stupid.

People want to play games with you....and you go along for the ride.

There are times when a STRONG "ignore" is indicated.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2015, 7:39 am

I feel stupid when I'm around my dad or brother, they also both have AS, but they are so much more passionate about learning that it blows my mind. Both taught themselves how to build their own computers and install, fix, or even develop programs...etc

I cant absorb information like that and I don't have any special interests to even motivate me to do so but I also do a lot better in social situations so we all struggle in our own ways.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 7:46 am

Even with things I'm good at, I'd feel stupid if I was being watched, or potentially watched, I end up rushing it and doing it all wrong.

lonely autistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2015, 9:04 am

its weird, I know I'm autistic cause I was diagnosed and of course have multiple symptoms, but can't focus well, I seem to have ADD type symptoms as well, its so depressing, makes me despair of life sometimes :( :cry: :cry: :cry: but I have to keep going you know!! :oops:

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 9:06 am

Yes, often!

lonely autistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2015, 9:27 am

Its weird, frustrating, and sad at the same time!! :( :x :cry: Its like I got all the bad sides of being autistic, but NONE OF THE BENEFITS OF AUTISM!! ! :( :cry: :x

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2015, 10:33 am

lonely autistic wrote:
Its weird, frustrating, and sad at the same time!! :( :x :cry: Its like I got all the bad sides of being autistic, but NONE OF THE BENEFITS OF AUTISM!! ! :( :cry: :x

Right! Me and another member were just talking about how even responding to some of the threads here takes for ever because we gotta google alot of the complicated dialect that a lot of the aspies on here use. She was half joking but it's true, some of the conversations on here and dialogue baffle me.

I feel like I'm in this weird spot in between aspie and NT and can't quite connect with either enough for it to satisfy me. I mean I know I'm smart, really smart in some respects but it's usually in ways that can't be displayed in social settings or work/school settings....

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 11:05 am

I often feel stupid. Especially when I get object-blindness, entirely missing an object that is right in front of me. When people yell ''it's right in front of you!!'', it makes me feel even more silly, and the way people yell at me imply that I am stupid.

Also I feel stupid when I'm in standing in an awkward place, where I'm in the way. Like once when I met my boyfriend after his shift, and he had to go to his locker to get something and sort something out. I'd never been in there before, and it was a very small, enclosed lobby. So I stood in a sensible place (not in the middle of the doorway), and suddenly there were his colleagues coming in, looking rather impatient and eager to get their stuff and go home. My boyfriend was taking ages, and I was feeling more awkward standing there. Then he said, ''go and wait outside'' in a flustered voice, so I had to step past these strangers and go and wait outside. I felt annoyed at myself after that, and wished I had just waited outside in the beginning. I often have these moments where I'm standing in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2015, 11:20 am

Joe90 wrote:
I often feel stupid. Especially when I get object-blindness, entirely missing an object that is right in front of me. When people yell ''it's right in front of you!!'', it makes me feel even more silly, and the way people yell at me imply that I am stupid.

Also I feel stupid when I'm in standing in an awkward place, where I'm in the way. Like once when I met my boyfriend after his shift, and he had to go to his locker to get something and sort something out. I'd never been in there before, and it was a very small, enclosed lobby. So I stood in a sensible place (not in the middle of the doorway), and suddenly there were his colleagues coming in, looking rather impatient and eager to get their stuff and go home. My boyfriend was taking ages, and I was feeling more awkward standing there. Then he said, ''go and wait outside'' in a flustered voice, so I had to step past these strangers and go and wait outside. I felt annoyed at myself after that, and wished I had just waited outside in the beginning. I often have these moments where I'm standing in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I know exactly how you feel, it sucks when those "simple" things don't click and people get irritated with you and it hurts because you can't help it.

I get that "object blindness" all the time. One year when I was younger I had my eyes on this bmx bike for so long and kept begging my parents for it. Then my birthday came around and they asked me to get something on top the freezer in the garage. Well that bike I wanted so desperately was leaning against the freezer and they were trying to surprise me. I went back inside like three times and was like "where is it, I don't see what your talking about"....they totally were trying to surprise me and it failed miserably I felt so ashamed. How do I miss everything right in front of my face all the time?

cheryll
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Sep 2015, 11:30 am

lonely autistic wrote:

Hi, Yes, I feel this way quite often and have done so for most of my life. Much of what you have said here is how I think about myself, especially about not being able to remember exactly what I've read and not being particularly articulate. I dropped out of college twice and refused a university education - a bit of a failure compared with my siblings really. Also, I've never lasted long with jobs either.