I want to throw up when I see a clothing tag

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 11:48 am

And no, it is not a sensory issue, it's just something that disgusts me, the same feeling you get when you see puke.

If I am eating and there's a clothing tag in sight, I feel sick and not want my food. I have to try to look the other way and forget about the tag in order to finish my food.

Urgh.

And it's not just tags on clothing, it can be tags on anything; cushions, sheets, robes, inside purses, etc.

Why do tags disgust me to look at so much? Does anyone else feel the same, or am I the only one?

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 12:13 pm

I think it could be literal disgust.
However, I can imagine that if you have (or have had) a sensory issue with tags when you were a little child, it could have left such an impact over the course of years that you just associate the feeling of discomfort by the mere sight of a tag which - if the feeling of discomfort is strong enough - could end up as a feeling of wanting to throw up.
This is merely a theory.
I'm not sure whether you meant that you don't have a (tactile) sensory issue with tags at all (and never had one) in your post or if you just wanted to make clear that it's the sight that bothers you so much. I think I vaguely recall an older post of yours about tactile issues with tags, but I could as well be mixing things up and be badly mistaken.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 12:18 pm

I wouldn't say it makes me throw up, but this bothers me too.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 12:26 pm

It doesn't make me physically throw up, but it does make me feel really sick.

I didn't have sensory issues with tags as a child, it's nothing to do with sensory issues. I just can't stand to see one.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 12:38 pm

Oh, in that case I must have been badly mistaken and it must have a different cause.
The only comparable case from my life has a catalyst that made me feel that way and it built up over a long time, so I don't think I can contribute anything else to the thread. Personally, I don't have that kind of issue with tags, only had tactile issues as a child. I'm curious about other replies though. :)

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 1:50 pm

I thought you were talking about the crazy price of clothes nowadays. :jester:

But seriously I get what you are going through, itchy-scratchy tags are a pain.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm

I think it is a kind of sensory issue. I have had similar aversions to certain things, like bubbles in drinks.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 3:19 pm

TheAP wrote:
I think it is a kind of sensory issue. I have had similar aversions to certain things, like bubbles in drinks.

Those annoy me too.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 9:02 pm

I don't know why tags disgust you, but maybe it's an irregularity that you want to be gone. I think I am like that in that I compulsively clean my hairbrush, and sometimes other things like my computer keyboard - if I see crumbs or dust in it, I find it annoying. It has never made me nauseous, though. I think your emotions are very deeply felt, more so than I feel my emotions, so something that might be a little blip or attention-getting to me, could stir feelings of nausea in you. I don't envy you in that regard!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 3:46 am

Sounds like a phobia type thing. What I mean by that is I have heard people can have a really bad reaction at the sight of a certain ordinary thing. Such things I have heard of individually were sliced peaches, mustard and aquarium fish. In those cases seeing that thing, like sliced peaches, would cause the person to have a severe panic attack. But I don't see why nausea could not also be a phobic reaction.

I Googled "fear of clothing tags" and a lot of stuff came up like this,

"First off I better say that I'm not scared of labels, it's just they make me feel sick and disgusting"
http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/fear ... stags.html

Tags drive me nuts, because I have such a strong urge to tear them off whatever. Not what I am wearing. They have always removed all tags and labels on my clothes ahead of time. But on anything else I see them on. Same goes for stickers on things. Like those ones that say "made in China" or whatever.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 3:56 am

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
TheAP wrote:

Those annoy me too.

thirded. ewww...especially in milk. slightly disgusted just discussing it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 4:18 am

Quote:
I Googled "fear of clothing tags" and a lot of stuff came up like this,

"First off I better say that I'm not scared of labels, it's just they make me feel sick and disgusting"
http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/fear ... stags.html

Oh my God that is EXACTLY how I feel about tags. I hate seeing tags hanging out of people's clothes. Loads of strange subtle things about how you wear your clothes are socially unacceptable, and I wish tags being seen was also socially unacceptable. Also, why can't clothing tags just be made from the same material and colour of the clothing item? I don't think it would bother me as much.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 11:09 am

One thing that bothers me is seeing people's underwear.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 4:48 pm

<--- Wants to puke when he sees people walking their dogs with a strap around the dog's face.
<--- Hell, wants to puke when he sees people walking their dogs with a leash. Don't use a leash. If the dog stays with you it means they like you. If they haul ass, take that as a hint.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 11:55 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
TheAP wrote:

Those annoy me too.

thirded. ewww...especially in milk. slightly disgusted just discussing it.

Ewwww! Your grossing me out!

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2016, 12:44 am

I have a similar reaction to seeing the last bit of milk in a glass. I like milk but for some reason, that last tiny bit leftover when you're done drinking really bothers me. I refuse to drink it and I have to rinse it out if I see it.