Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 2:50 am

Right now I am obsessing over Phineas and Ferb. I am 18 and I am more interested in this kids show then my little sister is. I literally have songs from the show playing on my computer right now as I'm typing this.

For most of 2015 I obsessed over conspiracy theories, specifically debunking them. That was an interesting year, and it also taught me the critical thinking skills that lead me to becoming an agnostic atheist.

My Rubik's Cube obsession is the reason why I can solve a normal Rubik's Cube in just under a minute and solve a 7x7x7 cube in about 20 minutes.

So what are some of your strange obsessions?

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 8:42 am

I'm currently obsessed with geese and spiders. And zoology in general, but those are the creatures I find myself watching and thinking about most.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 9:22 am

Brolitas, guys who could pass as girls and people who wear chokers.

capa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 9:37 am

It is not that strange but I was obsessed with palindromic numbers a couple of years ago. I proved a handful of results about them.
Right now I'm obsessed with WP and improving some parts of myself..

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:05 am

Old buildings and retail stores and TV closing logos.

dRxId
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jul 2016, 10:37 am

Synthesizers, synthesizers, synthesizers. Analog, digital, hybrid - they all have something interesting. Being completely blind I prefer to work with hardware as it feels more real to touch and tweek rather than type and scroll.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:48 am

Computer operating systems from the 80s and 90s.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:56 am

Grammar, and reading parenting books/magazines.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 12:55 pm

generally understanding how people work, specific people, like i like to observe them or be near and try to work out what they like, don't like, what would make them angry if i said about it, what they would like to hear. however this doesn't really work, i usually misinterpret whats going on, so something that makes them angry actually turns out to be an inside joke, or they don't really like things they were actually being sarcastic, or the same with dislikes.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 3:08 pm

Hmm, when i was 2 i was obsessed with stacking and piling objects.

I have to say the strangest one was probably the Mummy Dude obsession. 2007-2010
I was 10-13 and i had this little rubber stretchy mummy that was ment to be a halloween decoration. I named him Mummy Dude and i brought him everywhere, bought hi. clothes, talked to him, made him a house. There wasnt anything i did without mummy dude. He was a good friend. Sonic really phased him out.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 4:28 pm

I got truly engrossed attempting to understand a forum I saw mentioned on another one about where people pretend their sex dolls are actual entities, they take them on holidays and post all kinds, and I mean all kinds of pictures where they all chat as if they are their wives... it's absolutely riveting but terribly depressing, I suppose if they ain't harming anyone live and let live but it's unhealthy, there's no need to become that lonely and devoid of motion... I spent months studying the site and I just felt powerless to do anything about it lol.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 12:16 am

My two strangest obsessions are jiggers and pus. I'm also obsessed with magnified Biore Strip videos.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 12:25 am

Fake lemons.

Heathie123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2016, 2:25 am

At the moment, I am obsessed with the different ways people push their glasses up.

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jul 2016, 2:30 am

When I was little I collected empty capri sun juice pouches and the little yellow straws that went with them.

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2016, 3:26 am

Oh boy, first it was science, then martial arts, then powerlifting, then philsophy, none of which I actually accomplished anything all, and this was before 12. I just collected facts then maybe tried some of them out but due being young, lack of critical thinking, weak muscle mass, limitations, I ended up not succeeding while my peers all did and still hold multiple successful hobbies where they succeeded. Now I have no special interests because they are useless, you see, when a NT person gets interested in something they actually do things, they don't just collect random trivia, they read the whole paragraph I tell you, and they train with patience to become good at it while keeping it to themselves most of the time. My mother who wasn't so bright kepts on letting me go on about these things thinking I was becoming some renaissance man with multiple expertise but I wasn't I was just collecting facts, trying it out but getting impatient since I have a crazy fuzzy brain and no patience, getting nowhere, then I just moved on to the next thing.

-Johnnyh