04 Aug 2016, 6:46 pm

wut he says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzk5Ivpn3I

edit:answer when done

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 8:59 pm

I've never heard of anyone getting autism from brain trauma, but I suppose it's possible for that to cause autistm-like symptoms. Also, not everyone shows symptoms from the day they are born. Many autistic children appear normal until a point in their life where they plateau socially and are unable to keep up, so that's also possible.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 9:04 pm

Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder present from birth; symptoms might not be evident until about age 2, though. By definition, it cannot be produced by brain trauma.

But, like Saxgeek said, autistic-like symptoms could result from brain trauma.

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2016, 1:43 am

Perhaps the head injury caused him enough stress that it made his symptoms appear sooner than they might have otherwise.

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 8:15 am

How could he or anyone know whether or not he had autism prior to him falling and hitting his head before he was a year old? That must be what he was told, "you hit your head when you were a baby and that gave you autism". That doesn't make it true though.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 6:08 pm

EzraS wrote:
How could he or anyone know whether or not he had autism prior to him falling and hitting his head before he was a year old? That must be what he was told, "you hit your head when you were a baby and that gave you autism". That doesn't make it true though.

I guess its like the vaccine controversy. Kid is 2, gets vaccine, also develops autistic symptoms. Therefore vaccine = autism when thats not the case.

For a while my dad thought my ear infections were the cause of my autism because i had so many antibiotics when i was 2.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

momofmax
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Aug 2016, 6:11 pm

My son had something going on, but I was unsure what it was. He was socially awkward with some anxiety. That was at 4. At 5.5 yrs old he had a concussion and these things suddenly were 10 times worse. Here we are, a few years later it hasn't gotten better. He's been diagnosed with Aspergers.

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2016, 1:26 pm

momofmax wrote:
My son had something going on, but I was unsure what it was. He was socially awkward with some anxiety. That was at 4. At 5.5 yrs old he had a concussion and these things suddenly were 10 times worse. Here we are, a few years later it hasn't gotten better. He's been diagnosed with Aspergers.

so brain damage
can case autism symptoms to show more or sooner pretty much