Am I a slightly ret*d NT or a someone with AS?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Am I a slightly ret*d NT or a someone with AS?
Am I a slightly ret*d NT 26%  26%  [ 5 ]
someone with AS? 74%  74%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 19

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 2:11 pm

AT work one of my workmates ( more then one) recommended I go on to a dating agency 'Stars In The Sky', for people with learning difficulties, It was on a documentary on the TV about it. I did try it a year ago but as yet no response, maybe because I didn’t go to any events.

Strange thing is she does not believe I have Asperger Syndrome as the psychologist a little certain that I not have it. The same goes wait a member of staff member from the learning difficulties department who said she as worked quite a while in her job and she has seen people with Aspergers and I am not typical. There is me saying that I am an Aspie in its purest form.

BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK, am a lightly ret*d NT, intellectually lower then a chav from Peckham or am a an aspie.

The two of my workmates already know from me is.
· I very sensitive to load noises, including having good hearing.
· I is not aggressive or badmind towards others.
· I is pigheaded and over confident and a know all on certain subjects. Mainly IT, Pyschology and few engineering subjects.
· Sometimes my workmates say “I guess he is going to wright a complete thesis on the subject”
· I appear to over analyse thing too much.
· I have an autistic brother who cannot talk
· Always playing devils advocate, and often sympathize with people when they don’t behave as they should and everyone else calls them a *****
· I find it hard to multitask although I can drive and talk at same time.

What do you think I am?

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 2:25 pm

You do sound very AS.

Too many people in this world do not understand AS. I know that for sure. Its something we seem to have to live with.

12 May 2007, 2:26 pm

I don't know what option to pick. How does your co worker know about your Aspergers? Did you tell her? Are you diagnosed with it? Your profile says you are.

Valhalla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2007, 2:27 pm

To be honest, there is too little information provided for me to form an opinion on the matter. Maybe if you go into more detail, I'm not sure.

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 2:30 pm

have you tried taking the online tests for AS?

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 2:45 pm

Know it all? Apparantly tangential talks? Overanalyze? Autistic brother?

That looks like you might be AS.

Steve

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 3:36 pm

You give a list of autistic traits and you seem to genetically lean towards it. But we'd need to know about your abilities too. and why are you a chav? That probably makes people think you're not aspie because you have a sense of style associated with highly socialized nitwits. I'm not saying looks mean anything, but to others it does.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 May 2007, 3:46 pm

well i dont know you so i cant say. but if you have an autistic brother, chances are you have some form of it.

Charlemagne
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 May 2007, 4:43 pm

Well, don't necessarily know if you have AS or not. I have got a lot of those traits and they say I may have it but I am not sure. But if you have an autistic brother, then it might be possible that you have some form of it. But I can't really call this one.

euphrosyne
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 May 2007, 5:32 pm

If you actually are a chav then that may be why she doesn't think you have AS. You seem like you have AS to me though, as far as I can tell from your listed traits.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 9:26 pm

You might want to check up on PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified). While on the autism spectrum and similar to AS in some areas, it is without some of the AS traits.

DougOzzzz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2007, 9:50 pm

hyperbolic wrote:
You might want to check up on PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified). While on the autism spectrum and similar to AS in some areas, it is without some of the AS traits.

Isn't PDD NOS just a place to dump people with Autie/Aspie traits who don't meet all the criteria for a specific DX? This was my most recent DX, because I didn't meet the AS criteria of "no clinically significant delays in language."

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 11:21 pm

cant really DX people over the net... but if you have a bro with autism...

chances are you're aspie or somethin related

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 6:15 am

I have not been diagnosed formally as I would have to tests done on me by a psychologist who is specialized to do so. After talking with my GP, he did say that I might have it or I might not but he warned me about the implication of being diagnosed in first place.

I have come to the conclusion that it is not worth talking about AS to anyone new ,even if they are fairly close, as they would not be interested they will come to the conclusion that I don’t have AS without doing even a 30 minute research into it to find out for sure. It would be like trying to get a Christian to pick up a book on Theory Evolution.

The thing is that sometime a can appear innocent to others, and while in my nature I can trust. Intellectually I know what NTs are like and that make me not innocent at all.

The thing is that there is a big gulf between someone who has AS and NT with learning difficulties even though from the outside they can appear to be the same. There is already a big golf between NTs as it is without them having more intellectual deficits. That is part of the reason why I haven’t really taken to going to these dating agencies events however there is a bigger chance their could be an aspie woman amongst them.

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 7:08 am

>>Am I a slightly ret*d NT or a someone with AS?<<

There's really no difference, right guys?? :P :wink:

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 6:29 pm

SOMEONE NEED KICKING UP THEIR RASSS!. come bout I is a slightly ratarded NT.