Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

IrishEyes
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 11:29 am

I am awful at cooking, I found this site and like the instructions they give. I hope it is of some help to somebody, I would appreciate any other sites that you have found good.

Here is the link-
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-mak ... s-on-toast

Happy cooking :D

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 11:31 am

I just don't only for myself as what I eat is pretty easy to make (I'm a vegetarian) :P and won't kill me if it's undercooked

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 11:34 am

lol, that's awesome! I have to read directions before I make anything (the fam recipes have gone out the window with me because I just cannot learn them)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 11:35 am

I am ok at cooking, but I only really know how to make one thing...vegetarian chili....

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 11:41 am

I'm pretty good at cooking, and don't have any trouble following a recipe. It takes me ages though, because it always seems to take me way longer than the directions indicate to do the prep.

jnet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2007, 11:48 am

LostInSpace wrote:
I'm pretty good at cooking, and don't have any trouble following a recipe. It takes me ages though, because it always seems to take me way longer than the directions indicate to do the prep.

Same here. I'm not good at organizing everything needed for cooking, getting it all together, knowing what to do when at the same time as what, etc.

Prudence
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2007, 11:49 am

I'm good at cooking and organizing.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:00 pm

I'm good at cooking.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:10 pm

I am deeply pants at cooking.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:20 pm

I love cooking and I'm excellant at it. I didn't realize I was until well into adulthood because my mother. I hadve an aversion to things that remind me of her, like the kitchen (she's an awful cook, and her kitchen cleaning skills are atrocious). Thankfully I got over that particular aversion, because I prefer cooking for myself than eating food cooked by other people.

I can recommend the Food Network series "Good Eats with Alton Brown" if you have cable. It comes on twicec a day in the eveing on most weekdays (three times on Wdnesday). It goes more into the science of cooking as well as covers basic skills (including scrambled eggs). Alton Brown's books are good, but expensive - you may wish to peruse them at the bookstore instead of buying them. Also at foodnwtowrk.com, the Alton Brown page has a few video lessons that may be of interest.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:23 pm

The multi-tasking aspect of cooking a meal makes me panic, and I really resent having to clean up afterwards! :lol:

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:26 pm

I have trouble making things that involve a lot of ingredients and multi-tasking. I have to read the directions over and over and have all the ingredients out before I start. I have to plan exactly how I'm going to coordinate everything and know where everything has to be and when.

Benji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2007, 3:40 pm

I think I could be good at cooking if given the chance. I would want to be told what to do and left alone to do it, though. Or have someone there to tell me what to do without interferring or making me panic. The multi-tasking aspect involved in some cooking, I find difficult, and also I have no real concept of time so I'd rely a lot on alarms and suchlike. I would probably do better to learn specific dishes and practise. I don't really get the oppurtunity to practise much, although I might look up some simple recipes at some point and ask my mum if she fancies helping me learn how to cook.

I might fail miserably, but if I wasn't under pressure to get it exactly right it might be fun trying.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:16 pm

I just recently started cooking, and I'm actually really good at it!

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:19 pm

I don't think I could ever match my mother when it comes to cooking.

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2007, 11:31 am

I'm average at cooking already known recipes and EXCELLENT at cooking my own food... I have a good imagination for food and I just know that some ingredients will taste good together even though I've never cooked it before.