How do we make Wrong Planet a more positive place?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 6:18 am

Hey I have been on this forum for about almost 6 months almost half a year. I am beginning to notice that many people here are feeling quite down. While I don't believe we can change lives. Their may be some little things we can do for the forum.

Any ideas?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 10:14 am

Discussing non-political topics in PPR. That would help

You must realize that there are many people here who want to be independent of their parents, or independent in general--but that their ASD symptoms are making it very difficult.

All you can do is offer proactive advice, rather than advice which reinforces peoples' situations and people's notions (such as----you might as well give up, because ASD will prevent you from ever having a loving relationship with another person).

I have encountered people here who felt totally hopeless--that they will never find a loving relationship. These same people, maybe a few months later, had actually found someone to have a loving relationship with.

In other words, never offer advice which serves to make a person complacent, and think that things are totally hopeless.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 10:34 am

You're right: no one person could change the world.

But if many like you adopt a proactive approach to things, it's more likely that a dent can be made.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 15 Feb 2017, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 10:40 am

I suggested a forum-block feature before. It'd allow a user to block certain forum sections. If you're asking yourself, why can't people just not click? Some simply let curiosity get the best of them and click it. They can remove the block anytime they want to. Many people here can't control their own lives, which is depressing. I'm barely getting control over my school life.

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2017, 12:49 pm

I'm afraid that I'm probably guilty of being a bit negative at times, but this is the only place I can feel free to offload.

I'm a female in the UK and there's literally no help out there for us. I can't even make sense of it anymore.

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell

Private Idaho
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2017, 1:26 pm

I try to bite my tongue when I'm in the mood to spew negativity and cynicism but don't always succeed. I think ASD people have a lot more frustration, depression and especially loneliness in their lives than the average person so that's going to be reflected in the forums.

I stay out the political forums. I am and adversarial person and like being in the fray, but there are many other places to discuss controversial views.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 1:40 pm

I weigh out in my mind the threads that I really want to post in and have something to add to. If I don't feel I have anything to add to a thread, I don't post in it.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Feb 2017, 1:54 pm

Maybe you should need password to get into PPR lol, there's a reason why so many people have a policy of not talking politics or religion. Just some way to hide it out of the way from people that don't want to see it, it would be better for the discourse between the people that actually want to discuss those things in a more civil manor.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Feb 2017, 1:54 pm

I hope this doesn't mean hiding my feelings, lying about how well my life is going. WP is the only place/people that accepts me as I am. I don't have to guard my every word here. I don't have to tell ladies with ugly hats that the is beautiful. At WP, I can just speak openly.

It is true that I try to fit my posts where they might belong. But are you going to suggest cheerful posts in The Haven?

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 1:55 pm

arachnids wrote:
I'm afraid that I'm probably guilty of being a bit negative at times, but this is the only place I can feel free to offload.

I'm a female in the UK and there's literally no help out there for us. I can't even make sense of it anymore.

Is the UK that bad? I thought the primarily English speaking world was quite good with help for ASD. To be fair, most good things I heard originated from America, Canada, and Australia.

Stoic0209
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2017, 2:40 pm

I prefer overwhelming the negative Nancies(and Neds) with superior force. ZERG RUSH WITH POSITIVITY! KILL THEM WITH KINDESS!

sorry, got a little excited there. :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 2:52 pm

And I thought you were REALLY a Stoic.... :P

Stoic0209
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2017, 3:40 pm

Meh... I dabble occasionally. :D