Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pi woman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2017, 10:56 pm

Has anyone here done the SPARK genetic testing?

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 12:01 am

Is that the one that tests for which antidepressants are a likely a good for you? If so, yes I have. It did identify which I wouldn't get terrible side effects from. At least in my case, though, it didn't necessarily mean it would help with the depression.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Feb 2017, 10:37 am

Redxk wrote:
Is that the one that tests for which antidepressants are a likely a good for you? If so, yes I have. It did identify which I wouldn't get terrible side effects from. At least in my case, though, it didn't necessarily mean it would help with the depression.

This:
Quote:
The Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative (SFARI) is recruiting 50,000 individuals with autism of all ages and their families to compile genetic, behavioral and environmental information about individuals with autism. The organization partnered with 21 clinical sites across the country, including The University of Washington and the Seattle Children’s Autism Center (SCAC), which have already enrolled 300 Seattle-area families during the pilot stage of the study, called “SPARK,”

Interesting Ted talk by SPARK's Principal Investigator, Wendy Chung: