Not on spectrum but have symptoms. What consider oneself?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Musichead2468
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jun 2017, 6:56 pm

What do you consider yourselves?: For those who went for the diagnosis and they said you have some of the symptoms, but not enough to be considered on the spectrum. These are the results I got when I took a diagnosis test when I was younger.

This is my case. I consider/call/describe myself a borderline aspie.

I know two other people who got the same result and they seem higher functional than me.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2017, 10:07 pm

What are the symptoms?

You can have social anxiety and not be on the spectrum in which case you'd be someone who has social anxiety.

I get that having the diagnosis can make answering the question easier.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Well, I have *list of things*, you stupid bastard"
vs
"Well, I have Asperger's, you stupid bastard"

but you want to ensure that the diagnosis is going to be relevant to you.

You should, in my opinion, always seek the advice and diagnosis of a professional. Getting a proper diagnosis is important in learning how to deal with whatever it is you have.

I think I'm tired. I don't think the above made any sense, but I'm posting it anyway, damn it!

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 11:25 pm

Musichead2468 wrote:
...went for the diagnosis and they said you have some of the symptoms, but not enough to be considered on the spectrum. These are the results I got when I took a diagnosis test when I was younger.

This is my case. I consider/call/describe myself a borderline aspie.

I discovered my "Ah, now I see!" AS/HFA in my late-50s, and it would not matter to me what anyone else said in relation to any "official" diagnosis. All ducks waddle and quack, but not all in exactly the same ways...and whatever you believe true about yourself as an Aspie -- borderline or not -- will sound just fine to me as a brilliant-minded social misfit stuck somewhere between Rainman and Spock.