Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 1:53 am

In case the YouTube embed isn't working still - this is about "secret single behaviour." The sorts of habits people may develop if they're single and especially living alone, that would seem weird to other people and they'd be embarrassed about in front of anyone else.
This occurred to me in terms of weird autistic behaviour - because I've just done something rather odd. It didn't occur to me that it was odd however - just something that I wanted to do and didn't think about it being "weird" - until I considered how other people would view someone my age doing this and ... Yeah, it's weird. Probably screwed up and creepy, too. But I think as an autistic, I'm doing it just for innocent sensory / self-comforting reasons and its not creepy to me.
But that doesn't mean I'd want anyone else finding out, as everyone in the house is away right now.
So.
Anyone care to confess to come weird autistic behaviour (and I mean beyond just socially inappropriate stims here) and make me feel like less of a freak?

IgA
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Sep 2017, 8:30 am

You ask people to confess to weird behavior, but you didn't confess your own weird behavior.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 8:52 am

Watching You Tube videos of a certain Russian-born Uzbek tennis player very few people know about could be considered weird to some. Oh, well. Denis Istomin inspires me and I won't stop. It isn't something I'd readily confess to just anyone.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 10:43 am

Quote:
You ask people to confess to weird behavior, but you didn't confess your own weird behavior.

Yes. That's very obvious. And I did note why - I realized it was weird and creepy and embarrassing, and I feel like a freak for doing it. I'm looking for evidence I'm not the only autistic freak in the world, from those who are ok with revealing their weird behaviours.

Graceling
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2017, 2:24 pm

Ok, I'll have a go.

I hold imaginary conversations with people who aren't there (usually people I know, they're just not present). It helps me process thoughts/feelings. Sometimes it's out loud, in private, but in public it's in my head.....although every now and then I stop and wonder if I was doing it out loud, and quickly look around to see if anyone is staring at me.

creepycrawler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Sep 2017, 8:58 am

When I'm alone I walk around the house like a raptor from Jurassic Park, make all kinds of weird noises (clicking, hissing, purring, squeaking etc.), talk to myself...

If there were a show where it was just humans candidly alone, I suspect you (and I) would feel much less weird. I mean I hope.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 4:19 pm

Cat videos! Not that weird, but I need to find a particularly cute one every day! I particularly love videos of cats that look like my own.