REG: Cheap Sensory room Ides For Appartment

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2017, 11:57 am

Hello:

I have been looking at the concept of sensory rooms after watching a video and I said to myself (and my fiancee) "I want one of those in the apartment..." We looked and let me tell you to build our own sensory room is not going to be cheep. One person on you tube recommended a DIY ball pit that involved drilling a hole or several in the wall but in an apartment where space is limited and modifications to the physical structure of the building are almost certainly not permitted, we need ideas for a cheap apartment-friendly sensory room that can be componentized and built over time.

- more than likely on a mobile device

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Oct 2017, 12:31 pm

I don't know if it applies but my friend built himself a micro-office in a rented appartment as a simple, movable construction made of wooden slat skeleton and drywall filling, with a curtain instead of door.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2017, 12:44 pm

magz wrote:
I don't know if it applies but my friend built himself a micro-office in a rented appartment as a simple, movable construction made of wooden slat skeleton and drywall filling, with a curtain instead of door.

I'll definitely consider it and figure out if that's something we can do

- more than likely on a mobile device

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Oct 2017, 1:05 pm

But if it was to be a sensory room, the acoustic of drywall may be an issue.
Maybe heavy curtains or empty eggbox lining (valued by budget audiophiles I know) would improve this.
But then - cleaning it would be hard. Lots of dust accumulating. They would need to be vacuumed with a small, soft brush.

I'm just throwing my ideas and doubts, never tried to make such a room (but spent some time and money on arranging my own appartament sensory-friendly as a whole).

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>