Is wanting to know how others perceive us normal?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

cato4797
Raven
Raven

05 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm

I am very curious, and especially as of late, how other people perceive me to be. I am also very curious as to how other people deal with living with aspies, what they see us as like, and how difficult it is for them. Is this normal for an aspie?

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 12:25 pm

Yes that's normal. Personally I don't care one bit how people see me but I'm abnormal having that view lol

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 1:15 pm

I wonder a lot too, but only out of curiosity. I wonder often how nts percieve things, people, and events. How are they feeling exactly? what are they thinking? And if it's about people like us, then it's even more interesting.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 2:17 pm

I've always assumed people perceived things the same way as me and I would always be shocked when they would get the wrong idea. ow I have no idea and that is the reason why I am too nervous now because I don't know what people are going to think and perceive it. I think this is why I feel I have social anxiety.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

cato4797
Raven
Raven

24 Jan 2018, 12:01 am

League_Girl wrote:
I've always assumed people perceived things the same way as me and I would always be shocked when they would get the wrong idea. ow I have no idea and that is the reason why I am too nervous now because I don't know what people are going to think and perceive it. I think this is why I feel I have social anxiety.

First, i haven't looked at this post in two or three years. However, I do want to say that I wholeheartedly agree with you on this.

My fear that other people don't see the way I act in the same way as I do, it bothers me a lot.