Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jan 2018, 4:43 pm

Hi all,
I had my initial meeting with a psychologist for my Autism evaluation and I'll be taking the ADOS next week and then the next appointment after that will be going over the results and giving the diagnosis or not. I know I'm in the US and a lot of members that have discussed the timeline of evaluation and diagnosis are in the UK and elsewhere, but this just seems really fast to me. I should say though that I've already very recently taken the WAIS and Woodcock-Johnson and my parents and teachers have filled out the BASC-3 and all of those results are going to be given to the psychologist evaluating me, so I know a lot of the testing has already been done but the speed of it all makes me a little nervous.

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 8:46 pm

In Canada, from my first appointment to the completion of my assessment was 5 weeks total, all done in weekly one hour appointments plus a phone call between my parents and the psychologist. I know some people do it in one single multi-hour appointment.

Seems more or less in line with what you're experiencing.

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jan 2018, 9:10 pm

That's good to hear and it makes sense considering I have some of the testing done!