Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 1:23 pm

Even if you hate being autistic with a burning passion, please instead respond with something- however small- good about it or something good it has brought you.

For me, it is the ability to experience intense passion most NTs simply never feel, over stuff they never think about.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 1:30 pm

It is the beginning of the path for an Aspie to become a Nonconformist.

These are some quotes about nonconformist:

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. – Rob Siltanen: Apple, "Think Different" campaign

It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed. - Albert Einstein

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain

Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road. - Voltaire

Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

AnnieAnn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Dec 2018, 1:35 pm

Ability to feel comfortable not fitting in, and ability to hyperfocus.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 2:02 pm

open mindedness

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 2:24 pm

Autism has never done anything for me.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 2:32 pm

Joe90 wrote:

Try to think of something, even if it is very small

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 2:47 pm

When I am truly against something, no one can peer pressure me into doing it. On the contrary, the more someone tries to push me into something, the more strongly I oppose it and relish sticking to my guns. Pushiness is so disgusting to me that it only strengthens my resolve.

hyper focus

true interest in interests

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 2:57 pm

Autism often gives people a different perspective on things.

Autism enabled Temple Grandin to invent things and become somewhat famous.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 3:40 pm

cheerfulness? I mean it's not like I don't have dark thoughts but sometimes small things (like a funny quote) or the way the light is against the street that put me in a cheerful mood even if things in my life are going to s**t lol maybe it's just me

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 3:42 pm

Arganger wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Try to think of something, even if it is very small

Well I am trustworthy but most of my family are trustworthy so I suppose it's how I've been brought up. I am often selfless and thoughtful and I can put myself into other people's shoes, but apparently that is not an Aspie trait, so it's probably just a personality trait inherited from my NT parents, especially my mother.

The special interests I used to have just got me into trouble and made me look like a stalker, so nothing good came out of that. They were more like obsessions or fascinations than special interests, as I think special interests are based more on facts or hobbies, where as an obsession is based more on social relationships or sexual crushes.

I can be playful, not like childish, but as in fun. Like if my boyfriend cooks a dinner when I come in from work and I don't know what it is, I get him to take the plate from the microwave or oven and I shut my eyes and have a sniff to guess what it is. It's probably rather abnormal but my boyfriend thinks it's funny and he tells me I have a fun way of doing things. But I do have ADHD as well, so it might be a form of hyperactivity too.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2018, 4:43 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
When I am truly against something, no one can peer pressure me into doing it. On the contrary, the more someone tries to push me into something, the more strongly I oppose it and relish sticking to my guns. Pushiness is so disgusting to me that it only strengthens my resolve.

hyper focus

true interest in interests

I am so the same way. I hate being goaded and pressured into doing something I don't want to do.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 5:00 pm

Because I grew up not being very popular, I learned not to care excessively about other people's good opinion of me. This gives a person an immense freedom.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 5:03 pm

AnnieAnn wrote:
Ability to feel comfortable not fitting in, and ability to hyperfocus.

I can relate to this. It's been a joy pursuing my own interests for their own sake, and my own enjoyment. I look at people who seek advice on what to like and how to like it, and it makes my brain melt.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 5:42 pm

I probably would never have been interested in Denis Istomin without it.

I probably wouldn't have compassion for people who are different in some way.

I still would have had a love for animals. I inherited that from my mother.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 5:42 pm

jimmy m wrote:
It is the beginning of the path for an Aspie to become a Nonconformist.

These are some quotes about nonconformist:

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. – Rob Siltanen: Apple, "Think Different" campaign

It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed. - Albert Einstein

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain

Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road. - Voltaire

Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Exactly. Me too. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2018, 5:54 pm

I have an affinity for self-improvement that comes from needing so much of it. :lol: