Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ticklemeemo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2019, 8:15 am

Hi all. I'm brand new here, however I thought I'd share some of my experience as a musician whose done a lot of studio and stage work. If you need headphones, AKG MKII are brill as they need phantom power/amplifiers to get to full volume. But if unlike me you're sensitive to sound, ther plug straight in and give a quieter sound while also canceling out outside noise. Plus the velvet ear cushions are REALLY comfy. I fell asleep with them on once and woke up with my keyboard implanted in my forehead.. Oops

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 10:33 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 7:34 pm

I have black Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless Bluetooth noise canceling headphones.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 8:00 pm

What would you recommend for noise-cancelling while in bed?

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 8:04 pm

Dear_one wrote:

Ear plugs.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 8:08 pm

Dear_one wrote:

Moldable earplugs may be good

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 8:12 pm

Fresh, foam ear plugs, well installed, are good for 27 db. This is not always enough, but I have heard of ear buds with active electronics. There is also the problem of major bacterial proliferation with prolonged ear plug use.

ticklemeemo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2019, 1:28 am

Now that's an interesting one. There's no way to completely eliminate sound, however you could try stage ear plugs. I had to wear them when I did Fiddler on the Roof because I couldn't for the life of me get the Vamp bar for the intro of Tradition 16 and a half bars of the same effing 4 notes). Couple that with either white noise or nature sounds and you may be more comfortable

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 5:44 am

Ford has an active system for pets. Maybe i could be redesigned for sleeping in bed.