Information Links About Autism/Asperges.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 5:09 am

Thread to share useful links about asperges and autism to help people who want to know more about the condition as well as the various autistic "Traits" which can help people find out if they need to be assessed..
If giving a youtube link, just incase others like me cant get the embedded youtube things to work, if you could also copy it in link form, it would be appreciated.
This is on my heart to share as the shutdown link I will share below ended over 40 years of search about a condition I have had since I was seven, and never knew what it was until someone on this site gave me this link. There may be so many others puzzling all their lives and such links maybe vital to them to end their lifelong search.

https://everything2.com/user/Zifendorf/ ... s/shutdown

Other useful links to articles related to autism and asperges are appreciated like this below.

http://www.aspie-editorial.com/stimming-for-england/

It is a good idea to test any links you have posted just incase they do not work. Thanks. Also, if someone can add a link to the basic test to find out if an assessment is a good idea it is appreciated. Another thought. Many do not know what some technical names for conditions mean like "Stimming", "Prosopragnosia" etc, so such information would also be useful.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 5:59 am

This lady has done many youtube films about berious aspects of the subject. I found her films by researching prosopragnosia (Faceblindness) which I and my Mum have, and watching her films made me realize that I really do need to be assessed!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vju1EbVVgP8

Please bear in mind that as Autism is a spectrum, not everyone shares the same traits and also may have conditions to a much lesser or greater severity, or even have conditions similar to a trait being described, but not exactly in the same way as it is described.

The lady may not say a lot in this short film about what you are looking for, as she just gives a few examples, but some of her other films are quite interesting when she covers specific conditions.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 4:27 pm

On behalf of some older friends/acquaintances who I’ve always thought highly of ...

“Hello friend, now please go away”:
Jane Meyerding(A timeless classic fwiw)...

“Don’t Mourn For Us”:
Don’t Mourn For Us - Jim Sinclair

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 4:31 pm

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 4:44 pm

I :heart: Purple Ella

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 4:45 pm

Michelle Dawson The Misbehaviour of Behaviourists”
Ethical Challenges: another Classic piece ...

Aspie Quiz:
Aspie Quiz courtesy of rdos

A Short Autism Quiz(Psych Central):
Autism Quiz

ASD Adults Self Test:
ASD Self Test

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 4:46 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

She is a lovely human being, used to chat with her on twitter before I got banned, twice.

tfw7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2019, 10:07 am

There is a wealth of knowledge on Cynthia Kim's page https://musingsofanaspie.com/
I've found it (and her book Nerdy Shy and Socially Inappropriate) incredibly helpful.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 10:44 am