It really must be difficult for people with Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2019, 1:23 pm

I am schizophrenic, but it must be really difficult to have Autism. I have seen parts of the show "The Parenthood" back when it was still airing on television. It must be really difficult to have Asperger's Syndrome or some other ASD. Getting made fun of for no apparent reason, etc. Sensory overload...hmm...I usually experience something similar while driving. It's this constant haze while I drive. I'm not sure what it is, but it probably isn't sensory overload. It must be my Schizophrenia/Psychosis. Anyway, I'm not sure why I go on this forum, seeing how I am not on the spectrum; although I do feel like I am at times. I mainly have delusions of persecution and delusions of being made fun of. I also have paranoia and hallucinations. I am aware that I stand out, and it makes me paranoid and delusional.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 1:45 pm

It's nice to have an allistic person to understand autistic people. You're welcome to stick around on WP! Besides, does your schizophrenia affect your day to day living, and affect your thoughts and feelings differently to the norm? If so, then you probably are not neurotypical. :D

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2019, 1:56 pm

Joe90 wrote:
It's nice to have an allistic person to understand autistic people. You're welcome to stick around on WP!

Thank you!

Joe90 wrote:
Besides, does your schizophrenia affect your day to day living, and affect your thoughts and feelings differently to the norm? If so, then you probably are not neurotypical. :D

It affects my motor coordination, the way I move, etc. This could be the medication I am on, however; but it's necessary for me. It definitely affects my thoughts and feelings, and it definitely is not the norm. I have a lot of paranoia, delusions, and hallucinations, which are all hallmark symptoms of Paranoid Schizophrenia. I've had the general diagnosis of Schizophrenia for twelve+ years. First it was Disorganized Schizophrenia, and lately it's been Paranoid Schizophrenia. I've had the latter diagnosis for almost four consecutive years. Sorry for the rambling.