Does getting high help with mental issues ever?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

neptunekh
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2019, 9:08 pm

Is marijuana/weed not great for me to take just because I have mental problems and get upset sometimes? Is getting high not a good way to deal with PMS or other stuff? I'm 35 years old and I have mental health issues.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 9:16 pm

I am not gonna tell you to …"go ahead and get high".

And even a shrink who examines may not have a definitive answer as to how it would affect you as an individual.

Smoking pot will not instantly turn you into an axe murderer, if that's what you're worried about.

But it wont make you more "sane", or less "psychotic" either.

On those two points I am confident. But besides that who knows?

Some folks on WP have anxiety issues and swear that pot makes gets rid of their anxiety so they can live in the moment.

Other folks say pot makes them "paranoid". Have a friend with schzoaffective personality who smokes it all of the time. So I suppose it helps him cope (though he uses it for physical pain management as well as getting high).

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 4:02 pm

For occasional use, include some high CBD strains(will reduce the risk of any paranoia or anxiety) mixed in with high THC strains and you'll be fine if your smoking or vaping it. It is pretty effective for relieving stress. You don't need to get high either, can even just use a little bit and have a mild buzz.