being dictated what we can or can't do

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 5:40 am

I don't like it when you have people, particularly extreme religious people dictating other people (religious or non-religious) what they can't do, how to behave and so on. It does make my blood boil when I heard about some extreme people who call themselves 'christian' who went out with signs or shouting out to people in public 'You are going to Hell because you are gay, don't believe in God because you are an atheist, etc and spouting hatred rather than love and doesn't seem a very christian message to me. I am a non-religious person and not a bad person, I don't spout out hatred in public to people who are religious, and I don't have a problem with someone who is gay (I work at a job with someone who is gay).

WalkerTR
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2019, 9:09 am

Are you talking about westboro Baptist church?
That's just one fringe group in the USA

I've never liked the ' in your face' way of preaching, i thought it would turn people off

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 9:48 am

WalkerTR wrote:
Are you talking about westboro Baptist church?
That's just one fringe group in the USA

I've never liked the ' in your face' way of preaching, i thought it would turn people off

Yeah people like that not just in the US but there is a fair share in the UK too. I see to think some people want us to adhere to strict intolerant religious rules and don't like how liberal and tolerant some parts of the world are

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2019, 10:10 am

Yeah, I dislike that too. I think most people don't appreciate religious people or other self appointed moral police telling them how to live.

I think those should just stay in their own corner and be as extreme as they wish among themselves and let the rest of us live how we want.

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 10:13 am

There is always the option of reminding them how they are going to hell for being so judgmental.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 10:15 am

Just ignore those idiots.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 10:24 am

I totally agree with you, dude. The thing about the Bible is that it is sooooooooo hypocritical. It says in the Bible to love everybody, yet being gay or “feeling lust outside the contexts of marriage” is a sin.

1. When the Bible was written, people didn’t really understand how people become homosexual

2. At that time, people were getting married when they were 12-14 years old. Now, the time you start feeling horny hasn’t changed, but the normal time to get married has, yet people still want you to save yourself for marriage. Basically talking against a normal, bodily function(I’m not encouraging anyone to have sex if they’re not ready. I’m mainly talking about masturbation).

From what I’ve heard, there’s also things in there about slavery and other things that should be left thousands of years in the past. Luckily, religious people ignore those, but still.