Page 1 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Goob234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jun 2019, 9:25 pm

Just thought I would make this fun little post. Inspired by a video I saw on YouTube. Plus it might help some people.
I will start... You might be autistic if you continuously rock in a rocking chair for over an hour just to calm your anxiety.

neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 148 of 200
neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
AQ test- 37

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 10:08 pm

I was stressing yesterday so I bought PlayDoh to smell.

:heart:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 10:11 pm

Ooh, I always loved the smell of PlayDoh! Nothing like it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 10:16 pm

Magna wrote:
Ooh, I always loved the smell of PlayDoh! Nothing like it.

I was literally craving it for weeks. I needed a fix, and it worked! It was hard to find the basic primary colours instead of all the weird neons. I'm a purist and was worried the neons wouldn't smell the same!

I had to rip the box and open a container in the shop, just to make sure it was the familiar smell.

I inhaled all day. :P

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 10:22 pm

Good for you. The joy of opening a new canister and shaking out the pristine cylinder of PlayDoh. Do you remember the sides of the brand new piece of PlayDoh that were kind of textured from the extruding process? Not smooth? Wrinkled in a way? I used to love that. Is it still like that when you first open it?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 10:26 pm

Magna wrote:
Good for you. The joy of opening a new canister and shaking out the pristine cylinder of PlayDoh. Do you remember the sides of the brand new piece of PlayDoh that were kind of textured from the extruding process? Not smooth? Wrinkled in a way? I used to love that. Is it still like that when you first open it?

I'm on a Play Doh high right now just reading that ^ :P

I'm sniffing yellow, by the way .... yes the sides were like that!

Another reason "I May Be Autistic" is that absolutely, under no circumstance, would I ever blend colours or put them through the Play Doh toys such as the hair makers. Play Doh is only for smelling and squishing and putting back in the lovely container.

Deep breath!

Next stop: Green!

Goob234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jun 2019, 11:12 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Magna wrote:

I'm on a Play Doh high right now just reading that ^ :P

I'm sniffing yellow, by the way .... yes the sides were like that!

Another reason "I May Be Autistic" is that absolutely, under no circumstance, would I ever blend colours or put them through the Play Doh toys such as the hair makers. Play Doh is only for smelling and squishing and putting back in the lovely container.

Deep breath!

Next stop: Green!

ooohhh I always hated when anyone would mix the colors! I love the smell of play doh but I always hated how my hands felt after playing with it.

neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 148 of 200
neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
AQ test- 37

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 8:15 am

"I love the smell of Play Doh in the mourning. To me...it smells like....VICTORY!"

Just kidding.

There was a long running thread -100's of pages- ran for years- of the same idea and title: "you might be an aspie/autistic if....".

You should just find that thread and bump it.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 10:39 am

If you're a cat lover, and watch a cat video, you know what breed the cat is.

If you're a tennis fan (or other sports fan) you know the player's name, birthplace, birthdate, names of parents, siblings, significant others, and the like-in short, everything about them. If the tennis player is Spanish, you know the paternal and maternal names (Rafael Nadal Parera), or if Russian, the full name (Denis Olegovich Istomin), with patronymic.

While NTs can talk forever about their kids, people like me talk on and on about their cats.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 12:50 pm

If you alphabetize things for fun, but stress when they don't fit a distinct category.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 1:31 pm

I heard someone once say that he had CDO. That's OCD in alphabetical order.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 2:24 pm

You're not afraid to be yourself and wear whatever you wish no matter how strange and freaky your special interests are and your parents can't phase you out of doing so, no matter how old you are.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 2:36 pm

I do that. I used to have "Gosh" trousers and the current pairs I have are close.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 3:00 pm

You may be Autistic if...

you don't like vegetables

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 4:05 pm

You might be autistic if the sound of silence is one of your favorite sounds (and songs).

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 4:24 pm

You may be autistic if your favorite part of going to camp was the very interesting caterpillar you found there (just like this one). I was struck by its size, the purple spots on its underside, and the fact that it thrashed around when I tried to pick it up using a cup, then when I poked it with a stick to show someone what it did, it turned around and tried to bite at the stick, spitting some sort of greenish fluid. Once I was done examining it and showing it to people, I put it back on the tree it had fallen out of.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"