Saftey: Hypersenstivity compensates for hyperfocus

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 11:54 am

So I was thinking about how I get very focused on something, and then very focused on something else and forget what's not in focus. And I've been thinking about how my senses alert me to issues quickly. So put those two together:

I am sitting reading/responding to WP posts (while playing a video game) and I smell something and realize I was going to cook eggs. No harm done, a little smoky still. Skillet is cleaner for it and the subsequent scrambled egg was fine.

I am sure something similar happens many times for me, daily: "overly" focused and senses bring me back. At work too.

Anybody relate?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 12:16 pm

I think everyone gets that, Aspie or not. It sounds rather normal to me.

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 9:48 pm

Yes, I agree.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 11:29 pm

Focus focus focus..stay on track.... if gonna get something done..
dont forget where you put all the pieces . If you can keep stuff inline . You can save money, resources , energy . Ok just try to keep a schedule ...? Time is a tough one. Next things next ..? Opps forgot breakfast . Okay tomarrow is another day . Alright lets try and start over again . Cripes , i am a adult , why didnt anyone tell me my top was buttoned wrong .

where ever you go ,there you are

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 1:11 am

I've noticed I and my AS son are both prone to burning things.
It's too easy to get absorbed in something else halfway through the cooking process.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 1:29 pm

That's why I set a timer when I am cooking. If I get too absorbed in something else (and I most probably will, because waiting for food to cook itself bores the hell out of me) I won't hear or smell the disaster in kitchen till it becomes a mess. I hate cleaning up.