Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 9:58 am

I finally got an appointment to have TMS performed on me but it won’t happen until the 31st of January. Until then, I don’t know what to do with myself. I still struggle with depression, anxiety, feelings of my life being wasted, getting treated terribly at work, and not making any headway in socialization despite my best efforts.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 10:07 am

I’m glad you’re going with TMS rather than ECT. It has fewer side effects and is less scary.

I would just take it easy as much as possible between now and then and try to engage in activities that relax you and that you enjoy, like watching movies, playing video games, listening to music, or whatever else floats your boat.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 10:35 am

I hope it goes great.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 1:50 pm

I hope it works out for you.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 5:46 am

Whatever happens, I hope it will at least stop me from suffering so much.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 5:55 am

Best wishes. I hope it all goes well.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 9:09 am

Thank you to those who have given me well wishes.

I am about to return home after being at an anime convention. I am going through “post-con depression”.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 3:11 pm

Marknis wrote:
Thank you to those who have given me well wishes.

I am about to return home after being at an anime convention. I am going through “post-con depression”.

Hi mark is so very glad you have a apptment,and glad you made it to the con.
Post con depression should be acknowledge by people's ,it has happened to me . But am usually so wore out. Need the rest . But its generally hard to find better peeps than. Con goers........ different topic: .. my experience with TMS. as people seem to refer to ,used to have referred to as rTMS, was great , but please as your waiting there are probably few people who can tell you how to prepare , I think ?
I have my experience, and closely observed others experience and opinions at that same time . If I might share ..? Do NOT use any caffienated substances,
Drink lotsa water , your body is mainly made of water. (highly alkalized is best)
Eat healthy as you can . My body used many substance in my nutrition to help achieve more lasting and well defined results . Caffeine depleted these . On a celluar level your body will be rebuilding microscopic cell walls in your brain.
Possibly think supplements that help your body do that. New neural pathways
Will be generated as well during scope of treatment . Replacing the older ones with links to being all worn out. (CONSTRICTED). Early effects were very subtle, as treatments went on after 2 weeks,then 3 , my depression had noticeably changed .
People who started with me dropped out after 1st, 2nd weeks, saying it did nothing . It was important to me to understand the mechanism . And rebuilding cells and blood vessels in areas that have depleted blood flow , such as depressed areas of the brain. Are not achieved over night .These areas are farther away from blood supply than almost entire brain .

Please feel free to share this info with anyone,even your doc .
(Am able to give clinical and factual references to all have written above.)

Sorry to go on am prolly just boring peeps , but if your gonna do it ,give it your best shot ? Please.

where ever you go ,there you are

nouse
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2019, 7:09 pm

I'm jealous. I'd like to try it out like one crazy mad scientist.

wait a minute this is cool: https://www.diytdcs.com/2012/10/diy-tms/ I need to try it out at my own risk

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 12:09 am

Just three more weeks. If it doesn’t help me, I guess my brain is truly malfunctioned.