Leaving Fast Food Please Honest Opinions

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Aet1985
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2020, 12:32 am

I hope everyone is doing good and keeping safe, I had a question and I want everybody to be honest I recently left my job at Burger King due to the corona virus even though the dining room was closed I still at times had to bring the bags of food out to the cars but didn't feel safe, and my manager was yelling at me because I couldn't focus I know we all still had a job to do but why are certain NT's not really worried about the fallout from this such as another great depression or global unrest? I felt stupid or maybe paranoid trying to explain to everyone but nobody wanted to hear it

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 4:33 am

Denial is not just a long river in Egypt.
People have many reasons for seemingly wilful ignorance. Some lack the deductive skills to check a proof. Some are fixated on just a few aspects of reality, which can be quite discrete sets. Others are compelled more by myth or fiction. I had a 2-year debate with a flat earther, and eventually got him to see the curve, but then he learned how to photograph an inverted mirage over ice, and he's back to his Bible as the supreme arbiter of reality. It is disappointing, though, to have trained food service people less aware of cross contamination than metalworkers. Sometimes, duty is a good way to direct attention when courage is needed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 8:28 am

People still want Burger King. Even in these times.

I understand your viewpoint. I wish you could go to school to get a better job than one at Burger King.

But the manager of Burger King is held responsible for keeping his/her branch open and making money. He/she has to do his/her job.

You did the right thing for you and your family. Did you apply for unemployment?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 7:27 pm

Because, in general, they don’t suffer from then high levels of anxiety that we do. That’s why.

Aet1985
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Apr 2020, 9:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
People still want Burger King. Even in these times.

I understand your viewpoint. I wish you could go to school to get a better job than one at Burger King.

But the manager of Burger King is held responsible for keeping his/her branch open and making money. He/she has to do his/her job.

You did the right thing for you and your family. Did you apply for unemployment?

Sorry about the late reply I wasn't feeling well no I was not able to apply because hours were being offered to me even though they were very little I chose to leave on my own the only income I have coming in now is monthly disability

Aet1985
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Apr 2020, 9:52 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Because, in general, they don’t suffer from then high levels of anxiety that we do. That’s why.

I don't mean to seem arrogant I just get annoyed with myself because it seemed at that very moment I was calculating the risks of the situation and how serious it is plus the fallout once it's all over such as another depression and economic fallout globally food shortages and so on how life can change due to this virus and at the same time the NT's seemed just worried about the job and their own little clique and lives I tried to explain in detail how serious this can all be but nobody wanted to hear it

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 10:05 pm

Aet1985 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I don't mean to seem arrogant I just get annoyed with myself because it seemed at that very moment I was calculating the risks of the situation and how serious it is plus the fallout once it's all over such as another depression and economic fallout globally food shortages and so on how life can change due to this virus and at the same time the NT's seemed just worried about the job and their own little clique and lives I tried to explain in detail how serious this can all be but nobody wanted to hear it

Because they’re not as anxious as we are.

Aet1985
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Apr 2020, 11:22 pm

That honestly never really crossed my mind as far as them not having bad anxiety because I will admit my anxiety was really bad at that moment as if I my mind and body was someplace else, yet I did think there anxiety would be very bad and trying to calculate the current and future effects of the corona virus, I have been told NT's have more group think and just go along with each other

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 11:27 pm

Aet1985 wrote:
That honestly never really crossed my mind as far as them not having bad anxiety because I will admit my anxiety was really bad at that moment as if I my mind and body was someplace else, yet I did think there anxiety would be very bad and trying to calculate the current and future effects of the corona virus, I have been told NT's have more group think and just go along with each other

I could tell your anxiety was high. You wouldn’t be thinking so many steps into the future if it wasn’t. I think that’s what may limit NT’s worries to being much more present and immediate, only a step or two into their futures. Just concerned about a job loss, not the dominoes effect throughout the economy.

Yep, they do. Even if they’re internally more worried, the socially acceptable thing to do is to agree with the group and express a similar level of concern vs set themselves apart as a worrier like you did by revealing your thoughts.

Aet1985
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Apr 2020, 11:36 pm

I don't know if this is a good analogy but I will give it since I am a huge sci fi fan it feels as if say for example we were all Terminators I feel as if my chip has been switched like the one in T2 and Dark Fate I am not in hive mode and have free will

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2020, 1:52 pm

Hmm, I suppose we’re all a little unplugged from The Matrix compared to the NT members of The Borg.

But IMO it sounds more like you’re super stressed, anxious, and your cortisol levels are sky high resulting in a continuously heightened mode of “fight or flight,” type thinking & reactions and you could really use something to help ground you a bit better. Cardio exercise, having a toke, a toke before a good run etc. 8)

Aet1985
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2020, 6:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Hmm, I suppose we’re all a little unplugged from The Matrix compared to the NT members of The Borg.

But IMO it sounds more like you’re super stressed, anxious, and your cortisol levels are sky high resulting in a continuously heightened mode of “fight or flight,” type thinking & reactions and you could really use something to help ground you a bit better. Cardio exercise, having a toke, a toke before a good run etc. 8)

I completely agree I feel I have a sensitive or hair trigger fight or flight response along with sensitive adrenal glands and can become drained quite easily I can really only do things in ''short bursts'' rest and eat something then I am good to keep going I try my best to stay calm and go along with the NT way of doing things but never really works or feels fake

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2020, 8:56 pm

IMHO you are responsible for your safety. So you have a say in the process. I would probably look at the question in the following manner. Am I in danger? You are still young and this coronavirus primarily kills the elderly or those with co-morbidities. So the answer primarily is a function of whether or not you have any co-morbidities.

If the answer is no co-morbidities, then the other perspective is the threat you pose for infecting your customers. Many people contract this virus and show little or no symptoms, but they can still spread the virus. From my perspective, you might wear a face mask and surgical gloves and put some hand sanitizing gel on your gloves every now and then. That probably would keep your customers alive and prevent you from becoming infected. And if you felt like you were coming down with the flu, stay home on sick leave for 14 days.

But it all boils down to the primary fact that you are responsible for your own safety. Put everyone else aside and make your own decisions.