How would you react if doors constantly banged?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Oct 2020, 5:24 am

Apparently, I'm supposed to just take this, to consider it just the usual handed out by an oppressive, sh***y society, and oh, no, if I even react in 1/10th the way they do (and if they're not even reacting, they're just destroying people's minds, but only as a side effect of their laziness, cuz y'know, not walking a few meters is always worth a few minds these days)... and societies wonder how 'criminals' are made? f*****g SOCIETIES MAKE THEM!

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 5:34 am

Well my neighbour accuses me of banging doors just cos I shut them. And cos she thought she could tell me what to do simply cos I look young.

So if doors were actually slamming, I would leave alone and tell my mum I was being annoyed.

Neighbors are probably only shutting doors.

My neighbours gossip all the time. Outside. Even during lockdown when they were literally either breaking the law (they did a few times) or talking to each other... And they also bring loud equipment when all they want to do is chop down a tree. If my stepdad was to chop down a tree he'd use an axe. And he's older than them.

If you're autistic you have noise sensitivity a lot of the time. It doesn't make what others do intentional. If I was to threaten physical violence every time someone shone a light too brightly (which is nothing to do with mental pain and everything to do with physical pain), that would make me a bad person cos it would be intentional on my part and not on theirs.

Is there any way you can do similar to what I do with light and put up some kind of noise barrier? For eg noise cancelling headphones.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 5:51 am

I'd be annoyed.

Why? Chances are, I did most of said door banging.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 7:01 am

I have a wide range of reactions, heavily dependent on the amount of sleep I've had, which is also a gauge of other concurrent irritations. If you are usually upset over things that most people around you tolerate well, you are in the wrong place and they are behaving normally, not even thinking of you.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 12:02 pm

I hate the sound of doors banging.

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Oct 2020, 6:22 am

Dear_one wrote:
If you are usually upset over things that most people around you tolerate well, you are in the wrong place and they are behaving normally, not even thinking of you.

That's what annoys me even more when I think about it, actually... that they're effectively destroying my life without even thinking about it, through plain negligence... at least enemies usually reserve some space in their minds...

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 7:36 am

Weirdness wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
If you are usually upset over things that most people around you tolerate well, you are in the wrong place and they are behaving normally, not even thinking of you.

That's what annoys me even more when I think about it, actually... that they're effectively destroying my life without even thinking about it, through plain negligence... at least enemies usually reserve some space in their minds...

Stubborness won't make this better, it only prolongs your agony. Strangers don't care about you once you age out of being cute. Everyone is central to their own universe. How much do you care about your neighbours, and understand their hurry? My next-door neighbour was very good about fixing his car alarm when I complained, because he values me as someone who helps him when I can.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 7:45 am

Weirdness wrote:
Apparently, I'm supposed to just take this, to consider it just the usual handed out by an oppressive, sh***y society, and oh, no, if I even react in 1/10th the way they do (and if they're not even reacting, they're just destroying people's minds, but only as a side effect of their laziness, cuz y'know, not walking a few meters is always worth a few minds these days)... and societies wonder how 'criminals' are made? f*****g SOCIETIES MAKE THEM!

What do you propose people can do though. Doors have been around for a very long time and not using them seems unrealistic.