Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2021, 7:52 am

what do you think about what he says?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 9:35 am

The man in the video is Daniel Mackler; a musician, filmmaker, world wanderer, and writer based in New York.  He also worked for ten years as a psychotherapist in New York, although he has not been a psychotherapist since 2010.  He has his own website and YouTube account, but he does not pop up on any independent and truly informative websites, including Wikipedia.  On the other hand, he is not on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted List, so he may be as harmless as any other practitioner of modern pop psychology.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

XSara
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2021, 10:02 am

hahaha you're funny :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 10:18 am

XSara wrote:
hahaha you're funny.
You mean, let me understand this because, you know, maybe it is me, I am a little confused maybe, but I am funny how?  I mean, funny like I'm a clown, so I amuse you?  I make you laugh, like I am here to amuse you?  What do you mean funny, funny how?  How am I funny?  I don't know, you said it, so how should I know?  You said I'm funny.  How am I funny, what is so funny about me?  Tell me, tell me what's funny!  Is it because I check out the people's credentials or because I report them?  Do you think that's funny? -- Joe Pesci as Tommy DeVito in Goodfellas (1990), paraphrased.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

XSara
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2021, 10:37 am

I laughed because you made a joke:"he is not on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted List, so he may be as harmless as any other practitioner ", that's a comedic sentence, or that's how i perceived it. I'm not making fun of you, you're not a clown (in the pejorative sense of the term) i'm friendly :-)

Sometimes it can happen that i laugh at something someone said because i personally think it's funny, but the other person gets weirded out because they say there was nothing to laugh at. so maybe this is what's happening right now. maybe you didn't make a joke, and i just have a weird sense of humor. i don't know :-)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 1:33 pm

I thought Fnord was serious?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

XSara
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2021, 2:34 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I thought Fnord was serious?

i made a mistake most likely, i misinterpreted him, it happens to me a lot. anyway can we go back to the initial question please? :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 2:38 pm

Fnord was serious because he did research on this person.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 4:14 pm

XSara wrote:
what do you think about what he says?

Not much.

He is long on insinuation and short on evidence.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 4:22 pm

Yes, Fnord was serious.

Fnord also agrees with Jiheisho -- Mr. Mackler seems long on insinuation and short on evidence.

XSara
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2021, 4:31 pm

I agree Fnord. That therapist says his methods are scientific in nature, but they are clearly not. I wish scientists would do more studies on the causes of autism though. And specifically, i wish they would work on finding the causes/fixing the sensory processing issues, because those are really bothersome, to me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 4:39 pm

XSara wrote:
I agree Fnord. That therapist says his methods are scientific in nature, but they are clearly not. I wish scientists would do more studies on the causes of autism though. And specifically, i wish they would work on finding the causes/fixing the sensory processing issues, because those are really bothersome, to me.
That is why it is necessary for us to do our own research into the personal histories and curriculum vitae of the so-called "experts", especially when all it takes to fool most people is a store-bought diploma and a few YouTube videos.

Last edited by Fnord on 08 Feb 2021, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XSara
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2021, 4:40 pm

that's true

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 5:41 pm

It might be true for some, but if I am on the spectrum, I very much doubt it is the case with me. My personal childhood was a relatively good one with my parents but it was my schooling that I found tramatic.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 6:04 pm

My childhood was more good than it was traumatic. There were times that my parents jumped down my throat for just being an aspie, but the happy times outnumber those times 100 to 1.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 6:05 pm

And I also know that Fnord was being serious. He's done his research. I've known him on WP for years.