Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 4:55 am

Have you got the Knack?

"It's a rare condition characterized by extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical and…… utter social ineptitude."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySpOuaYwLQU[/youtube]

I showed it to my mother and she found it very funny, and she saw it as a positive view of aspergers.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

25 Jul 2007, 5:18 am

I have many knack traits but I think extreme inattention effectively means I can not be diagnoses with the knack.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 6:13 am

YEP! That's me! I have done the SAME thing! I was accused of breaking toys but, GUESS WHAT! I only did that when they were broken, often fixed them, and sometimes used parts to create/fix something else. I even did that little kick common for autistics, and pretty common for young NTs, that they have the kid do. :lol:

Last edited by 2ukenkerl on 31 Jul 2007, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jul 2007, 6:36 am

i was 12 and fixed my friends radio walkie talkie, it was a simple fix but nobody else could figure out how to fix it, they were going to throw it out, im not an engineer, but can fix simple electronic stuff, not like a broken tv, or vcr or compueter tho...

I used to watch dilbert the show when it was on tv, it did not last long, but i remember that episode, hahahah.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

25 Jul 2007, 6:57 am

woodsman25 wrote:
i was 12 and fixed my friends radio walkie talkie, it was a simple fix but nobody else could figure out how to fix it, they were going to throw it out, im not an engineer, but can fix simple electronic stuff, not like a broken tv, or vcr or compueter tho...

I used to watch dilbert the show when it was on tv, it did not last long, but i remember that episode, hahahah.

I seem to remember it being on late at night. I think Sundays on Comdey Central are was it USA?

Oh saw this on Digg today does this cat have the knack. :D

Update: I just repaired my mouse by removing a few inches of cable that had a problem. :D I want to reapply for the knack diagnosis.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 10:08 am

TheMachine1 wrote:
woodsman25 wrote:

I seem to remember it being on late at night. I think Sundays on Comdey Central are was it USA?

Update: I just repaired my mouse by removing a few inches of cable that had a problem. :D I want to reapply for the knack diagnosis.

I remember it being on Monday nights on UPN.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 10:09 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
I even did that little kick common for autistics, and pretty common for young NTs, that they have the kid do. :lol:

Steve

Do you mean the reflex test? You'd be in trouble if you DIDN'T kick! It tests a reflex that everyone is supposed to have.

Roseduelist
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2007, 12:25 pm

I would constantly messup a tv or computer to see how it would function ( in an electronic perspective not a mechanical one) and after I would always put it back to normal

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 12:40 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:

I don't know if he has the knack or not (it kind of looks shoddy), but that computer gives new meaning to the computer slang box!

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 12:45 pm

:lol: :lol:

So that's what they call it.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 12:45 pm

LOL! I have the socially ineptitude part, but that's all :P

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 1:11 pm

M-M-M-My Sharona! :lol:

18:33. Press 'Return'

edal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 4:01 pm

"extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical and…… utter social ineptitude."

A perfect description of Edward John Almos, it looks like i have the knack as well.

Ed Almos

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jul 2007, 4:08 pm

JonnyBGoode wrote:
M-M-M-My Sharona! :lol:

"My Balogna!! !" :lol:

I better have the knack, I was an electronics tech for more than 20 years.
As for social ineptitude? Still single.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 7:45 pm

LostInSpace wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
I even did that little kick common for autistics, and pretty common for young NTs, that they have the kid do. :lol:

Do you mean the reflex test? You'd be in trouble if you DIDN'T kick! It tests a reflex that everyone is supposed to have.

OF COURSE NOT! I mean PRIOR to the reflex test!

Last edited by 2ukenkerl on 31 Jul 2007, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 8:33 pm

I am very good at making this work in difficult situations and fill my spare time fixing things I find. I have wired parts out of the truck I used to work out of to fix the machines I was working with to avoid having to go back the next day after a break down. A lot of my tools are ones I got because they were broken for free. I also trouble shoot an fix problems with houses for a living.