Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

BunnyJen90
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jul 2024, 7:11 am

Lately I've been feeling rather lonely being single and living on my own. However, this isn't usually like me. Back when I was a teenager I was perfectly fine on my own and actually enjoyed what little time I could get alone back then. But sadly the other students and even the teachers back then didn't understand even when I tried telling them how mean everyone else is. They ended up teasing me saying I was stupid for not wanting to associate with the other students and forced me to socialize. I can clearly remember during lunch time I would sit alone in the back of the cafeteria fine as could be when a teacher told me I had to go sit with the other students. I tried explaining to her I didn't care for the other students and they didn't care for me either, but she still forced me to socialize. Eventually I began to realize if I don't socialize others will think I'm stupid so as I got older I forced myself to socialize a little more. However, sometimes I feel I can only handle so much of other people. It isn't so much I get exhausted as much as I find other people are generally mean and I can't relate to them. My dad will tell me I just need to find others that are more like me and has been suggesting I go to comic conventions because he knows that's what I'm interested in and he has his own geeky interest and has meetups that he goes to and has met some people that way. I was hoping to go to the local comic con this weekend but sadly it's looking like I may not be able to go because I may not have enough money. Last night as I was falling asleep I thought about how nice it would be to have a boyfriend to cuddle with then I start thinking I'm a strong independent woman. Why do I want a boyfriend so bad? It's as if there are two completely different parts to me. A strong independent woman who doesn't need anyone and another that is lonely and wants to connect with others. It makes me feel so confused. Am I better off alone or with friends.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2024, 7:34 am

I think you could do both: spend as much time alone as you need and only see friends occasionally. Even a boyfriend doesn't have to be around all the time.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 4:57 am

Yes a compromise may be the best thing. Most of us probably have strong needs for people and for being alone.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 5:21 am

A like-minded boyfriend to cuddle is good if you can find someone who's character fits yours. What I mean by this is that sometimes opposite characters fit well together or other times similar characters. My Mum always said I will know when I find the "Right one". For her, my Mum and Dad were in some ways the complete opposite but in other ways they met right in the middle and were happy.

I know the not "Fitting in" bit. One gets blamed for not fitting in, and no matter how much effort one puts into fitting in it does not work because it is not oneself who is not trying, but rather it is everyone else who is not trying and refuse to even attempt to try... Why is it always a one way system?

But going back to a boyfriend, who is deeply in love with you. He will be deeply in love with who you are, not who he wants you to be. (And you will be deeply in love with who he is too!) That is when you both know you have found the right one. That you are willing to ignore each others faults because love goes beyond that!
Remember that it takes around six months of dating before the thrill of the experience dies off and then one sees each others faults and the occasional arguament or dissagreement takes place and if one survives that stage and one is still deeply in love, one has a "Keeper!"

https://everything2.com/user/Zifendorf/writeups/shutdow

BunnyJen90
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2024, 6:20 pm

Maybe I do need some friends but not a lot of them. But still I'm not always this lonely. Like I said as a teenager I was perfectly fine alone until I got teased about it. Then again as a teenager I wasn't interested in guys yet. I didn't start getting interested in guys until I started college.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2024, 9:20 pm

I'm good with both. I enjoy my friends and my alone time.

ElmersTrueLove
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 12:24 pm

I'm agreeing with both

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+